Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could we have traded Dunn for Volquez?...

Re: Could we have traded Dunn for Volquez?...

Hamilton was a much more complete player than Dunn, however i'm glad they got Volquez anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

To answer the original question: If the Rangers would have taken Dunn, Kriv would have pulled the trigger immediately.

How about this trade idea...

Pat Burrell for Homer Bailey...?

I heard the Reds tried to do it, but the Rangers insisted on Hamilton. They knew they could out bid the Reds a year later and get Dun anyway. Why not get both Dunn and Hamilton.

My point exactly...for all the people who keep thinking, oh we could have given them Dunn for Volquez...would you have made the trade I proposed...I certainly wouldn't...

It's essentially the same thing that Dunn/Volquez was proposing...low average sluggers who walk a lot and strike out a lot (although Dunn a bit more) who can't field (although if you look at numbers, Dunn actually appears to be better than Burrell) and have big contracts...

Don't get me wrong, I think Adam Dunn is a great player, I just don't think he would have gotten us Volquez (a top starting pitching prospect basically MLB ready at the time) when he's in a walk year...

Quote Originally Posted by Hal#23Fan View Post
    I know there is some serious man love for Dunn on here, but i have never seen the results on the field. Yeah, Dunn gives you 40 HR's and 90+ RBIs, but plays lazy defense, has a terrible arm, strikes out on average around 150 times per year, and has a .248 career BA.

Sorry.....i just don't see it.

Here's to the minority
    try a average 182 k's per 162 games played in his career..

I wish that trade would have happened anyday.. and unfortunately I think now that krivsky is fired.. dunn will get a LTD..

At this point if you can get a starting pitcher for Dunn I'd take that in a second.

Wait. No one new Volquez would be this good and it is only 4 starts. I love this guy, and I also thought it was a crappy trade when Hamilton was dealt for him. I admit that. I am so far wrong.

But trading a 40 homer 100 rbi, 100 run guy for Volquez last year with his Major League Stats> Please what are u smoking?

When he is gone, everyone is going to wish he was still here.

Turn Off Ads?