Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Will the Cards keep it up?

Marty Moose!!

Will the Cards keep it up?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3357791

I cannot believe their starting pitchers are performing as well they have been. Will they be able to keep it up? Is Duncan really that good that he can turn Lohse and Wellemeyer into good starting pitchers? This Cards team reminds me of the '04 and '06 Reds teams that got off to fast starts with no name, junkyard, pitching staffs. If you look at their offense, they're winning with a bunch of Ryan Freel, Jeff Keppinger type players, guys who weren't able to stick in the majors until they were 28 or 29. In other words, they're not exactly big time prospects. I'd like to think they won't be able to keep this up, but who knows with Duncan and Larussa.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will the Cards keep it up?

I'm no expert on NL ball, but I don't think they can.

Look at it this way: All the guys on that staff have to have career years in order for the Cards to make any noise through the rest of the season. Is it possible? Sure...Likely? I don't think so. They're all going to have to pitch better than they ever have before.

Maybe the Cards win 81 games like they did when they won the WS, but I don't think they'll be a powerhouse to contend with.

Then again, maybe they're the surprise team of 2008...thats what makes this a great game.

In my opinion I don't think they're good enough to keep it up. I don't think this will last much longer. They don't have the pitching to win.
    Most Vottomatic Player

"Bad" Lohse showed up today. 4 IP, 4 ER, 8 hits, 2 walks, 1 K.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Milligan View Post
    Maybe the Cards win 81 games like they did when they won the WS, but I don't think they'll be a powerhouse to contend with.
    83 games, not 81.

One thing to note, Cards are expecting Mulder, Carpenter, and Clement back in the next coming months so the rotation we have now is not the same as how it will probably look a couple months from now.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Nope, they won't keep it up.

They have to play the rejuvenated REDS.

Will the Cards keep it up?

That depends on their supply of those blue pills with the "V" on it.
    Who's on first?

No they can't keep it up, just look at their schedule. Their hot start can be explained easily..12 of their first 18 games were against the Nationals, Giants or Astros.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

I agree. They are overrated.
    Who's on first?

Tonight they got all the breaks, they got all the calls, but we had EE!

Turn Off Ads?