Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Hairston Jr appreciation thread

Re: Jerry Hairston Jr appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm saying, he could pull a Patterson for the next 2-3 weeks and still keep living off this opening game performance.
    He no Patterson. Patterson swing is atrotious (sp)
    I have been loving him from early on. Lot of doubters, but as the crafty lefthander says just look at the back of the baseball card and you'll see how they will do over the year. He's been very nice for us. He's the Freel type. Just gives us a spark and this team needs that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Lot of doubters, but as the crafty lefthander says just look at the back of the baseball card and you'll see how they will do over the year.
    If that's the case, Hairston is due for a serious decline.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    If that's the case, Hairston is due for a serious decline.
    Well, that was a quote from the Crafty left hander!
    Let's just say he's not always so good with predictions....

Jerry Hairston: Product of GABP

check out the splits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

How can he be a product of GABP with 2 HRs?

Home: .453/.500/.719

Road: .232/.273/.305

Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I was going to say the same thing Rick but I figured it was sort of obvious. It's not like the guy has been a Red for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample Small Sample
    Beat me to it. Hard to conclude anything from 64 ABs at GABP and 82 ABs away from home.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Beat me to it. Hard to conclude anything from 64 ABs at GABP and 82 ABs away from home.
    So you're saying his career numbers are a better predictor than his 2008 splits?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    So you're saying his career numbers are a better predictor than his 2008 splits?
    Now you're just talking crazy.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

It just seems to me that GABP doesn't benefit hitters in any way other than HRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It just seems to me that GABP doesn't benefit hitters in any way other than HRs.
    agree. why would it? i don't think we have less foul territory than other parks.

GABP really helps the power numbers of the line drive type hitters. doubles turn into homers that just clear the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    agree. why would it? i don't think we have less foul territory than other parks.

GABP really helps the power numbers of the line drive type hitters. doubles turn into homers that just clear the wall
    Being a small ballpark with less OF room to cover, this ballpark would hurt the gap hitters whereas Coors field with its wide power alleys would be a boon to extra base hits into the alleys.

Small sample size or not, product of home park or not, he's been an EXTREMELY productive player for this team. That cannot be argued, whether any of you agreed with the signing or not.

Turn Off Ads?