Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jerry Hairston Jr appreciation thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jerry Hairston Jr appreciation thread

I like it anytime a journeyman has a flourish, even it only turns out to be a short flourish. Baseball, for a player, is all about believing you can succeed in the faces of constant failure. So it's nice to see Hairston enjoying a mini-reward for his faith in the face of crushing disappointment.

Though if you really want to appreciate a Hairston, check out his dad. The guy has one of the most fascinating backs of a baseball card ever. He spent 14 seasons as a backup OF with one club. You are NEVER going to see anything like that again. Even in Hairston Sr.'s day that was an anomaly. Ed Kranepool was similar, but he spent a few seasons as the Mets' primary 1B. Hairston never got more than 274 PAs in a single season.
    Last edited by M2; 07-02-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?