Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Why now? Because there no time to try to right the wrongs than now. I had a former boss that always said waiting for some event to fire someone was a waste of time and money.
    Agree 1000%

If you are going to make a major move like that, make it, move forward and don't dilly-dally about it. BCast doesn't strike me as a manager/owner who would be subject to getting all twisted in knots over analyizing something.

I'd much rather he make the change now than waiting until the season is in the tank. Besides wasting the entire season, you lose a lot of trading leverage when you are out of the race and people know you are just dismanteling the team for the next year's campaign.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Is that a hint that Bruce could be on his way up sooner than later?
    From that quote above sounds like they are staying with who they have for now.

first Jocketty has to figure out how best to take the garbage to the curb, then they can move forward.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    maybe the poofy haired fancy boy will get an attitude adjustment(not likely).
    I think Bob would have to be the one to do that. It could happen. Maybe
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    The thing is Dunn could pull a stunt like many players have done and list Tampa, Pittsburg, and 8 other teams that would not pick him up.

Or he could list the 1-2 teams he wants to go to, and then 8 that would not take him.

Sure, we could trade him to Tampa out of spite for nothing, but that's not productive.

But you are right, at least that leaves a little window for trading Dunn. It will still be tough though.
    I guess there's some possibility of him playing a game like that, but then again, Tampa's got some horses that would be great to have. They're an up and coming organization with a growing stable of young talent.

That said, such games are possible, but I don't think likely. But we're not as hamstrung after June 15th - I think Dunn's going to want to go where he can win. Neither of us have any way of knowing who those clubs will be.

Then again, a trade could be arranged with Dunn getting a window to negotiate a LTC with another club and waive the no-trade clause. That potentially opens up other possibilities, although it's not likely to happen.

I think the more likely possibility is that after reaching 600 HR's, we find an acceptable trade partner for Griffey.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    From that quote above sounds like they are staying with who they have for now.
    Key words...FOR NOW.

He has to get a closer look at everything before he starts tinkering.

I can't seem to get this press conference on Reds.com. Where can I link to it?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I think the only difference is that Castellini will better accept the message that Homer isn't ready if it comes from Jocketty.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I can't seem to get this press conference on Reds.com. Where can I link to it?
    It's over. You'll have to wait for the archive to be posted.
    /r/reds

Well the press conference is over. Some thoughts

Did Castellini not look absolutely exhausted? And he jumped some reporters tailend for including the previous ownerships GM changes in with his. He was harsh there.

Several times, I heard Jockety talk about delegating jobs. He said it enough times that it makes me think this may have been an issue.

I like Jockety's demeanor. I hope he doesn't empty the icebox too much.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It's over. You'll have to wait for the archive to be posted.
    OK, I linked on at 3:58pm. Did they have it before 4pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I think Bob would have to be the one to do that. It could happen. Maybe
    If getting fans to come to the ballpark and not be boobirds when they get there are goals, then Bob should be willing to deliver that message.
    /r/reds

The main message I got from Castellini from the presser?

He is REAL tired of losing. REAL tired. From Cast:

"We're just not going to lose anymore."

Ya know what? I like that stated from him. And actions to match. Good, I'm fine with this now. Good luck Cast. I like the effort and the bottom line expectation...

I suppose I'll throw my two cents into the discussion.

Jocketty was originally brought in as an advisor to Castelinni. It was obvious that Krivsky's leash was considerably shortened. And I doubt that WK's poor people skills played well with Bob or Walt.

Philosophically, I'm not looking for any major differences. The one area Walt may be able to improve the club is by bringing some stability to the FO. It may be too late to bring back guys lie Johnny Almarez, but who knows what the off season may bring?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, I linked on at 3:58pm. Did they have it before 4pm?
    I think the presser started about 4:02. I tried to open the feed at reds.com at 4:20 when WLW dropped its coverage and it wasn't there.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?