Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

I seriously wonder whether Cueto and/or Bruce would still be with the Reds if not for Krivsky. I really wasn't much of a Krivsky backer in the past, but he won me over somewhat by not flinching this offseason.

Krivsky failed to assemble a functional major league team, but thankfully he didn't morgage the future while trying. In fact the team is better positioned than ever with a nice stable of young arms. Let's hope Jocketty can clean up the major league mess without blowing up the future.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't like it. I've been very lukewarm on Krivsky, but I don't like what this signals about the organization. What have they learned early inthe season that they didn't know before it started. It tells me this organziation doesn't really know what it's doing. This makes little sense to me unless there's something there we just don't know about.
    I'm also lukewarm about Krivsky. I think he had a tough job, did parts of it well, parts not so well.

I am really concerned, though, that MWM is right. It doesn't say much about the organization being run effectively.
    Win some, lose some, some get rained out.

I was reading yesterday that Krivsky nearly traded Joey Votto and other rpospects to the Phillies for Jon Lieber two years ago. That would have been an awful trade but he was starting to learn from his mistakes it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Why again exactly?

It sure wasn't his drafts - Krivsky did take talent that was already within the system and put policies and procedures in place that streamlined things and allowed for development but who is to say that those things are going anywhere?

Again, his two first round picks have been Stubbs and Merasco (sp?) - his other picks are at low levels and there is no guarantee how they'll end up, but I can't say I'm too sorry that he won't be handing the number 7 overall pick this year.
    The Reds young talent stayed healthy and progressed under Krivsky. Not so much under the previous regimes. Krivsky and crew were obviously doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm not very pleased with this. You can say goodbye to our strong farm system. After all these years of having nothing in the farm, Wayne was able to build it up into a top notch system. Damn.
    I'm thinking that this is a bit of an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds young talent stayed healthy and progressed under Krivsky. Not so much under the previous regimes. Krivsky and crew were obviously doing something right.
    Jocketty also had some winning seasons in St. Louis. Just a few.

So, in the same line of thinking, is it "Hello to winning seasons on the big league level?"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    but I don't like what this signals about the organization.

What have they learned early inthe season that they didn't know before it started. It tells me this organziation doesn't really know what it's doing. This makes little sense to me unless there's something there we just don't know about.

They turn over a lot of people from management to the playing field after a very short time, people who were suppose to be the answer or solution.

One has to wonder why those people who are or were sent packing were here to begin with and who assessed them at the start for them to be found outstanding at a point and then dumped.

Somebody doesn’t know what the hell they are doing. If it was HR department within other businesses one would have to take a hard look at the hiring practices and who was responsible for that.

I think it was as simple as RCast could see what a terrible job WK did of putting together a 25 man roster ... and was fed up with him doing nothing to fix it as the team is floundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    He ate a lot more cutting Juan Castro than he did by firing Krivsky.
    Yes, sad isn't it...
    Pennant or bust!

I'm surprised.

I will say that if Krivsky was truly the root of interpersonal conflicts in the front office then I can understand why they'd do this now.

I have a feeling (totally unsubstantiated) that Dusty Baker may have more to do with this than Jocketty. Especially considering the quotes about the Josh Fogg signing.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I think it was as simple as RCast could see what a terrible job WK did of putting together a 25 man roster ... and was fed up with him doing nothing to fix it as the team is floundering.
    I said it a short while back. I think WK would have value in a player development type role, but the overarching GM position may have been too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm surprised.

I will say that if Krivsky was truly the root of interpersonal conflicts in the front office then I can understand why they'd do this now.

I have a feeling (totally unsubstantiated) that Dusty Baker may have more to do with this than Jocketty. Especially considering the quotes about the Josh Fogg signing.
    If a manager can run a GM out of town, then I would be pretty disappointed in Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If a manager can run a GM out of town, then I would be pretty disappointed in Bob.
    Dusty was Bob's call, could be he's got the ear of the owner more then anyone.
    Go Gators!

I said it a short while back. I think WK would have value in a player development type role, but the overarching GM position may have been too much for him.
    all of the redundant bench players and the fact the team was considering carrying three bad catchers has been enough for me.

I don't know what will happen with when Ross is activated but there are a number of moves that need to be made.

With the Jocketty addition you have to think he already had one foot out the door after his contract expired anyway. Dusty helped I'm sure, but to say he ran the GM out of town, is probably a little hyperbolic.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?