Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Krivsky Fired

Breaking News: Krivsky Fired

I just caught wind of this.

Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky his been fired less that three years after taking over the position several sources have confirmed to the Enquirer's Paul Daugherty.

Krivsky is still in a three-year contract that runs through the 2008 season.

Krivsky was hired on Feb. 9, 2006, replacing Dan O達rien as the Reds general manager. He was the first general manager to be hired under the Reds ownership group led by Bob Castellini.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Krivsky previously had served as an assistant general manager with the Minnesota Twins, and almost named Reds general manager in 2003, when O達rien got the nod instead.

The move comes 21 days into the 2008 season. The Reds are currently 9-12, and 5 ス games out of first place in the National League Central.
    Last edited by Grounds_Crew; 04-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Breaking News: Krivsky Fired?

Wow. I'm stunned. . .I think it's a bit unfair IMO.

I'm assuming Jocketty will step in.

Wow. . I'll say it again. . .I'm stunned.

I'm not positive yet...notice the question mark.

It's been confirmed in the ORG.

If this is true could he (Krivsky) gotten tired of having eyes constantly looking over his shoulder (Jocketty)?

Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky his been fired less that three years after taking over the position several sources have confirmed to the Enquirer's Paul Daugherty.

Krivsky is still in a three-year contract that runs through the 2008 season.

Krivsky was hired on Feb. 9, 2006, replacing Dan O達rien as the Reds general manager. He was the first general manager to be hired under the Reds ownership group led by Bob Castellini.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Krivsky previously had served as an assistant general manager with the Minnesota Twins, and almost named Reds general manager in 2003, when O達rien got the nod instead.

The move comes 21 days into the 2008 season. The Reds are currently 9-12, and 5 ス games out of first place in the National League Central.

Re: Breaking News: Krivsky Fired

Kriv has made some decent moves IMO. I don't know what to say exept, Welcome Mr. Jockety.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I have to be honest, I am flat shocked. Not that I was that big of a fan, but I sure didn't think he needed to be fired this early on.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Krivsky made some good moves, a few great ones even, but never seemed to understand managing a roster as a whole. He seemed to stumble with little things that most GM's can do in their sleep. Most of his big risks proved to be worth the risk.
    Bring on Jocketty. I'm happy this is happening now, as this season is still very young and a few moves here or there could push this squad into a winning one. Walt is the man for the job in Cincinnati right now.

Anybody have a complete list of deals WK made? I'd like to see it. They couldn't fire Dusty this soon, so WK was next in line.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, I did not see that one coming at all. I guess he's taking the blame for everything whether that thing is his fault or not.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn稚 do. 的 can稚 skate or play hockey, Votto said. 展ell, I can skate ... but I can稚 stop.

I'm not really that surprised. This team is >.< close to being a contender...someone needs to get us over the hump. Wayne didn't/couldn't do it.

The more I think about it, the more I strongly doubt that the Reds' slow start (and 9-12 is not really that disastrous) had much to do with it.

It sounds to me like there were big philosophical and personality differences between Krivsky and the new Castellini regime.

Man I feel for Krivsky. He did a really nice job rebuilding. He left us as a franchise in much better shape than he was handed it.

Turn Off Ads?