Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Paul Daugherty interview on XM regarding the Krivsky firing

Paul Daugherty interview on XM regarding the Krivsky firing

Interview just getting ready to start.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Doc coming on XM to talk about Krivsky

Damn... my XM doesn't work where I am at. I am inside.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Damn... my XM doesn't work where I am at. I am inside.
    XM 175 is now available on-line--if you have xm, you can listen at a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    XM 175 is now available on-line--if you have xm, you can listen at a computer.
    Thanks....just turned it on. Forgot all about the online availability! Thank you, Thank you!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Doc on in about 2 minutes

what's he saying?
    Go BLUE!!!

So, what is Doc saying?

Hmmm. Did anyone make any sense of that?
    Cedric 3/24/08

Hmmm. Did anyone make any sense of that?
    yeah, I did. I thought Doc came across pretty well. He basically said that Krivsky wasn't a people person and didn't play well with others and that's what this is all about.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    yeah, I did. I thought Doc came across pretty well. He basically said that Krivsky wasn't a people person and didn't play well with others and that's what this is all about.
    I got some of that too but he covered that in about 30 seconds. I'm just not sure what his other points were. He's usually a pretty good interview. Maybe my attention span is to blame today.
    Cedric 3/24/08

He basically said that Krivsky wasn't a people person and didn't play well with others and that's what this is all about.
    If that's the case, then yeah a change would be needed at some point. If it's just the media sniping because he wasn't a quote machine, or if it's the ownership group slapping an underling for not being suitably impressed by their player evaluation skills, then that's another matter. Much will be revealed by Jocketty's course of action -- which I hope is tempered.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

I got some of that too but he covered that in about 30 seconds. I'm just not sure what his other points were. He's usually a pretty good interview. Maybe my attention span is to blame today.
    I thought Doc wasn't very clear about many things--he seemed like he had a bit of stage fright for some reason (in his defense, he's been doing interviews nonstop for a few hours). He talked about Cueto and Volquez and how the Reds have a chance to stay in the race if everything breaks right for them.

Is "Doc" Paul Daughtery or Doc Rodgers who does the postgame show or is it someone else?
    I'm guessing it is Paul, but I am not sure.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Is "Doc" Paul Daughtery or Doc Rodgers who does the postgame show or is it someone else?
    I'm guessing it is Paul, but I am not sure.
    I edited the thread title to clarify.

Turn Off Ads?