Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerns about Arroyo

Concerns about Arroyo

Relieved after giving up 10 hits by the 4th inning. Yikes. :thumbdown
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Concerns about Arroyo

Is he hurt and won't say or is he just a jerk? Take away his Guitar.

Yeah, firing WK and Having Jock take over sure lit a Fire under these guys...

Although I think the move will result in a contender... More of the same...

Well, I don't think Jocketty has much to do with this beatdown tonight, haha, a little overreaction. It's going to take a little while to get this team where it needs to be. But I do agree, Arroyo's horrid start is a cause for concern

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Arroyo is relying more and more on his curveball, and hitters are wisening up to it. His below-average fastball isn't setting up that curve, so he's getting hit early. That is what made him a bullpen guy in Boston — he's a solid strikeout pitcher, but eventually hitters will sit on the curveball.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Is he hurt and won't say or is he just a jerk? Take away his Guitar.
    Last year he just seemed to hang his breaking balls to left handers. This year, it seems that he is hanging it to both hitters which is very scary. I dont think he is injured but I bet if his next start is like this one he will get placed on the DL regardless.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Krivsky, would you mind taking Arroyo with you?

I just don't understand what the issue is. It's becoming abundantly clear that Bronson is going to need to be moved. How much do the Reds stand to eat if he's released?

They stand to eat one rotten Oreo

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zakthemack View Post
    I just don't understand what the issue is. It's becoming abundantly clear that Bronson is going to need to be moved. How much do the Reds stand to eat if he's released?
    A ton of money. Not an option. He will have to sent to the pen and be the most expensive mop up guy ever.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

For Fogg and Arroyo to collect checks so far this year is robbery.

To be honest, I don't even know that Arroyo is the biggest issue. I frankly do not understand how hard it would be for Dusty to tell his batters "continue to swing at the first pitch and you'll be benched." I'm just troubled by what I see as a pretty basic facet of batting. Just very frustrating.

Concerns about Arroyo?

His behind is being pounded like a rented mule.

A WHIP of around 1.80 with a SLG around .600. This isn't a slow start. With quality players availabel at AAA, you have to consider the DL, and then rehabbing in AAA to work these things out where it doesn't cost the team games. No reason to let a guy pitch with an ERA around 7.00 unless you're going to either drop him into the #5 role or move him into long relief and give someone else a chance. 5 starts and 4-1/2 poor performances. His last effort was acceptable.

But, since this isn't Sega Playstation, Arroyo's going to get another 5 starts before anything goes on.

Okay, Walt Jockety. You opened your big mouth, and like a slimy snake got the best person in the organization fired so you could ride his gravy train of success that he's set up for the REDS. What are you going to do about Arroyo. We know what Wayne Krivsky would do. The Right Thing.

I am hoping Bronson can turn it around. You really cannot comapre him to Fogg cause Arroyo has pitched 200 Innings, and provided quality starts...

The worst thing about Fogg is that he took time away from someone who could be contributing... Guys like Fogg, Castro, Stanton, Merker, Patterson, Hariston, Coffey, Valentin, Beliese are all a waste of a roster spot...

Yeah thats right. I said Hariston... There is a reason he wasn't a Star anywhere else in his career. Blame injuries all u want but he is not the solution and will Cool off...

This team desperatly needs a Right Handed Power Hitter...

Arroyo looked awful last Friday when I saw him against the Brewers at my first Reds game. He was getting hit, and hit hard....

It's a shame, I don't think you could get much for him.

Turn Off Ads?