Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Not tonight but soon. Bruce will be called up or traded very soon,IMO. Either way he won't be in Louisville for the 2008 Kentucky Derby.

The Bats are probably on the road that weekend so that's probably a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

We're not winning
    That's probably all Bob needed to say.

Are we failing to forget one Albert Puljos who Jocketty was responsible for? I don't see Bruce going anywhere other than Cincy in the near future and I also see Bailey in the starting 5 shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    this was year 3 and had been building. I think there was obviously something that pushed RCast over the edge.
    The eating of contracts comes to mind
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm not sad WK is gone, but I think the "we're not winning" excuse is pretty weak.

I'm sure it's deeper than that and we'll never know.

Jocketty may make his first roster move today. I think today was they day they were talking about bringing Ross up.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    I guess it would help if I knew what your definition of what "win" means. Win as in the World Series? Agreed. Win as in contend for the NLC with a winning record? Why is that notion so far fetched ? To say we're not remotely close insinutates our holes are far more gaping than most others in the division.

Again, I just don't get it.
    My definition of win is a consistent team that notches at least 90 Ws on an annual basis, and not only is always at the top of the division, but has some success in the playoffs not only in their league, but the World Series. Winning a weak NL Central doesn't make us a winning ballclub.

Our holes are far more gaping than most others in the division, IMO.

The NL Central will most likely be a 2 horse race between the Cubs and the Brewers. If we play well, we'll be 3rd. Do I think we're a last place team in the NL Central? No, I don't, but at the same time we're far from "competing", and we're light years away from "winning".

I share the sentiment echoed by others that "competing in the NL Central" is a completely different animal than being a "winning ballclub".

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I think today was they day they were talking about bringing Ross up.
    His rehab assignment has ended. Unless they are going to release him it is time to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    His rehab assignment has ended. Unless they are going to release him it is time to bring him back.

They can keep him on the DL indefinitely.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

With Arroyo going tonight, I would be surprised if Ross isn't back today.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    That's probably all Bob needed to say.
    To base this decision on the results of the first three weeks of the season seems silly to me. The win now mentality clearly prevailed, but for Cast, it might have been more to the idea that the current record is one thing, the prospects of contending for a title anytime soon is another. Perhaps two more years of .500 type baseball isn't going to cut it in BC's mind.

Hope we don't follow the Cardinals' path of picking up every drunk, druggie and low-life player out there.

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    My definition of win is a consistent team that notches at least 90 Ws on an annual basis, and not only is always at the top of the division, but has some success in the playoffs not only in their league, but the World Series. Winning a weak NL Central doesn't make us a winning ballclub.
    I would've been happy with consistent progress towards that.
    Wayne has made decisions which made last season horrible and this season's team doomed to sub-500. Some of his dumb decisions will haunt us next year as well (Like Freel and one more year of AGon).

This team has not improved over Wayne's tenure. Wayne's bad moves have outweighed his good ones.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I wonder if a veteran player like Dunn who consistently applauded "Win now" moves like the Cordero signing will be more inclined to resign with a guy like Jocketty at the helm.
    I think it was pretty clear that WK had no interest in signing Dunn to an extension. According to Dunn there hadn't been any conversation about an extension ... which says everything.

It will be interesting to see if the orgainization has a change of heart and opens contract talks with Dunn.

Doesn't Ross have to be brought back today?! It will be interesting to see who the new GM sends down in replacement....
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?