Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Kemp's a right-handed stick with a world of talent. And only 22 or 23. So, younger, different side of the plate, and with talent that has been compared to Dave Winfield. I would love for them to get Kemp. I just don't think they can.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    That's what we're best at.
    I don't know. This site needs more of "digging up the past". We spend all kinds of bandwidth arguing over this player or that trade and only time decides who ultimately was right. Unforunately most folks are too busy fighting today's battles to settle yesterday's.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I hope they don't cry at this press conference...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I see it that way too but one thing does trouble me. Let's say the Reds trade Bailey to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp. Aren't they just reversing what they did by trading Hamilton to Texas?
    In a good way....trading a lot more risk for a lot less risk that also happens to fit a primary need.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I'm going to miss the yearly "diamonds in the rough" that Wayne was unable to unearth.
    sorry we're boring

Matt Kemp, Wladimir Balentien, and Adam Jones are the guys I'd love to see Jocketty go after, with any of the following guys as trade bait- although I wouldn't give up Bailey for Balentien:

Homer Bailey
    Matt Maloney
    Juan Francisco
    Alex Gonzalez
    Go BLUE!!!

The Reds need for a right handed bat is overblown.

I don't see anything big happening anytime soon.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I see it that way too but one thing does trouble me. Let's say the Reds trade Bailey to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp. Aren't they just reversing what they did by trading Hamilton to Texas?
    Yes and if it was possible to trade Bailey and Hamilton to a team for Volquez and Kemp I would hope they'd do it every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    The Reds need for a right handed bat is overblown.
    Um. Ok.

"Frankly, I blame it on my own impatience," Castellini said.
    Don't make it a pattern, Bob. There isn't a win-lose switch that just takes flipping.

An impatient owner in a small/mid market is a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Um. Ok.

He's got a point. If you're looking for a RH pinch hitter, that's great but unless you're going to double switch with him, that's a bullet in your gun you only get to use once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    How soon before Jocketty starts trading all our young prospects?

that's my greatest fear, the quick fix theory. Homer could be gone real fast:thumbdown, so could Waring and other kids of promise. I sure hope not but I will put my faith in Walt as he is a wise man and hopefully in tune with the dynamics of what the Red's organization needs and can afford.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He's got a point. If you're looking for a RH pinch hitter, that's great but unless you're going to double switch with him, that's a bullet in your gun you only get to use once.
    He can play against lefties...

I see your point but a couple of factors have changed since that trade.

#1. Volquez and Cueto have actually performed better than most expected and, even though it's early in the season, the confidence that they will fill big slots has increased.

#2. The further into the season the Reds go the more obvious the need for another solid OF grows (until/unless Dunn and JR are resigned) and the more information the Reds have about what pitching is in the pipeline.

Your choice of Kemp as an example is interesting: he's a young guy with a world of talent and a RH bat (whereas Hamilton is, of course, LH) and he doesn't have the baggage that Hammy has. I'd make that trade yesterday although I don't think the Dodgers would. But, sometimes there are ways to make things happen and maybe that's why Castellini has turned to an experience GM like Jocketty who knows the landscape. (famous shrug)

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Ugh of course this would all happen the day before my huge Differential Equations midterm. Now I'm just reading Reds crap all day....Thanks Bob
    I think we all learned a new mathematical fact today:

dK/dt = 0
    Pennant or bust!

Turn Off Ads?