Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

My definition of win is a consistent team that notches at least 90 Ws on an annual basis,
    Which the Reds have achieved 19 times, or 12.6% of their existence. The Yankess OTOH have done it 52% of their existence

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They can keep him on the DL indefinitely.
    but they can't send him out on rehab and he has no options. So they can have him sit around and do nothing or ...

Quote Originally Posted by Guacarock View Post
    Hope we don't follow the Cardinals' path of picking up every drunk, druggie and low-life player out there.

Scott Spezio is out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    but they can't send him out on rehab and he has no options. So they can have him sit around and do nothing or ...
    Well, there's a GM opening.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I think it was pretty clear that WK had no interest in signing Dunn to an extension. According to Dunn there hadn't been any conversation about an extension ... which says everything.

It will be interesting to see if the orgainization has a change of heart and opens contract talks with Dunn.
    Bingo. I think RCast forced Wayne to do that 2 yr deal and Wayne might not have gotten over it, which could be a cause of friction between them.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Doesn't Ross have to be brought back today?! .
    he has to be brought back from rehab, he does not have to be activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Scott Spezio is out there.
    Spezio has a problem, that being said he is exactly the kind of bench player that was so effective for the Cards that the Reds completely lack(disclaimer:I am not advocating signing Spezio)

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Disagree. With the rotation the Reds have, the improved bullpen, and the depth in the minors, the Reds can win this year.
    Rotation? Harang, Cueto, Volquez and who? Arroyo is off to a horrid start, the jury's out on Belisle, and Fogg proved how bad he truly is. Bailey still needs time in AAA, so where does that leave us?

Improved bullpen? Who besides Cordero?

Depth in the minors is great, but if the guys on the 25 man aren't winning, then let's see some of the parts change places and cities. Unfortunately, Bruce is the only guy that will be remotely impact once he gets to the bigs. We're more than Jay Bruce away, offensively.

I understand that 162 games is a long season, but this is at best a 3rd place team in the NL Central, as they currently stand. We're not off to a great start, and what tells you that we'll drastically turn this around to win the division?

It was good to have a direction, to be headed toward respectablity, to be developing a credible rotation. If only because of that, I am sorry to see this happen. I hope WJ has it left in him to do the right thing by this rising young team.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

didn't get on with Jocketty, who decided that he didn't need to put up with it and told Cast that he was just going to push off?

that'd make sense. But Jocketty's also been having trouble in the people department lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Rotation? Harang, Cueto, Volquez and who? Arroyo is off to a horrid start, the jury's out on Belisle, and Fogg proved how bad he truly is. Bailey still needs time in AAA, so where does that leave us?

Depth in the minors is great, but if the guys on the 25 man aren't winning, then let's see some of the parts change places and cities. Unfortunately, Bruce is the only guy that will be remotely impact once he gets to the bigs. We're more than Jay Bruce away, offensively.

I understand that 162 games is a long season, but this is at best a 3rd place team in the NL Central, as they currently stand. We're not off to a great start, and what tells you that we'll drastically turn this around to win the division?
    Burton hit a rough little patch, but he's been solid overall, Affeldt has been a huge surprise. Mercker hasn't been bad, and there is a plethora of LH waiting in line for one to fall. I'm liking the pen so far.

As for the rotation, Arroyo and Belisle need to kick it up a notch.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Burton hit a rough little patch, but he's been solid overall, Affeldt has been a huge surprise. Mercker hasn't been bad, and there is a plethora of LH waiting in line for one to fall. I'm liking the pen so far.

As for the rotation, Arroyo and Belisle need to kick it up a notch.
    Mike Lincoln hasn't looked bad either.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Maybe it's as simple as this:

Under Krivsky, the Reds went 161-184, going 80-82 in 2006 and 72-90 in 2007.

Cast wants to win badly and he wants to win NOW. The Reds haven't been winning under Wayne's reign.
    Bob Castellini has said all along he wants a winner and with that no one can doubt he is the Reds most pro-active owner this team has seen in my lifetime which includes the success Marge Schott had in 1990. The Krivsky shortcomings, imo, that caused his firing was poorly constructed longterm player contracts, inability to achieve that 1st winning season in the Krivsky era, and comparatively poor attendance. Seeing so many empty seats last night versus the Dodgers even in the field boxes is an indictment of fan apathy at this point.

Wayne Krivsky did some nice things with this organization already noted in previous thread posts. Overall I would give Krivsky a C+ to B-. I'll be forever thankful for WK bringing Brandon Phillips here from Cleveland and listening to his scouts/player personnel people for the Rule V drafting of Josh Hamilton and then flipping him into Edinson Volquez and last but certainly not least, the farm system is as good as it has been in decades. It will be interesting to see and hear IF Castellini gives his reason(s) for firing Krivsky at this point in time. I doubt BCast gives much insight, if any, into Krivsky's dismissal other than something like we need to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Harang, Volquez and Cueto are a superb front 3. Arroyo will come around. #5 is a problem with every team. The Reds have a rotation that matches with any in the division. "Who besides Cordero?" Having Cordero is enormous. And with Jared Burton as a setup guy, and Affeldt for middle relief, the Reds have a very much improved bullpen. Granted it could go nowhere but up...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I had forgotten about Lincoln.

Like I said, I'm as harsh a critic as anyone, but this firing seems premature.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?