Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

I got no problem with this. Jock is a vet that knows how to play the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Was Cody Ross not picked up during the season? It doesn't matter either way.
    Maybe you are right. It might've been the beginning of the season. Still Wayne hit the ground running when he was hired. Which was a good thing after DanO's lackadaisal and apathetic approach.

I will say that Wayne worked hard at his job. I didn't agree with everything he did, but he worked hard.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    that's my greatest fear, the quick fix theory. Homer could be gone real fast:thumbdown, so could Waring and other kids of promise. I sure hope not but I will put my faith in Walt as he is a wise man and hopefully in tune with the dynamics of what the Red's organization needs and can afford.
    Once again, one of the reasons for wanting to build a strong farm system is so that you have players to trade to fill holes on the big league team. No one should fear trading a minor league player, they should fear trading a minor league player without getting proper value. To some degree, even though it wasn't a trade of a minor leaguer, Krivsky showed that he couldn't get proper value back when he traded Kearnes and Lopez.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, it's great to have a highly rated farm system but if all it produces is 'out-of-the-money' majore league teams then it's not really doing you any good.

Rem

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Wayne was a very territorial GM, who didnt always play well with others. That trait cost the Reds some good people, not the least of whom was Johnny Almaraz, the scout who found Johnny Cueto, among many, many others.
    In hindsight, this was a rather large red-flag waving over the Krivsky Administration.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No..2, he came on in Feb of 2006... a week before pitchers and catchers

Ok, he had about 2 or 2.5 months before the season started.
    The offseason is roughly 6 months long, including spring training.
    So Wayne had about 2.3 offseasons.. is that accurate enough for you

The point is, Wayne had time to make some of his changes on the 2006 squad
    before the season started, and he took advantage of it. Which is good.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Jocketty says at the presser that he was approached just last night by Castellini about accepting a promotion.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    In hindsight, this was a rather large red-flag waving over the Krivsky Administration.
    You know CE, when JA was fired I remember aruging vehmently that it was par for the course, what you'd expect with a changing ragime, etc. People were indicting Wayne and I was trying to make the point that maybe JA was the problem and it didn't have to mean Wayne was a big, bad meanie.

Obviously, in retrospect as you point out, I was gravely mistaken. Maybe JA was a big jerk, but obivously there was some truth to the rumors and whispers about Wayne. That was a big time strike-out on my part.

Having Cueto doing so well has to have a lot of JA supporters thinking, "vindication".

Jocketty says that he will change the culture/mindset of the organization, to convince everyone that the Reds can win. He wants to surround himself with "positive people."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    He can play against lefties...

Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Unassisted hit the 'positive' comment. I guess this does point out the building tension in the front office. Bob made the insinuation that Wayne was not deligating anything but tried to make all the decisions himself.
    Pennant or bust!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Where?
    I don't even remember who we're talking about

Bob says the decision was made because they've come to a point where "they're just not going to lose anymore."
    /r/reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Bob says the decision was made because they've come to a point where "they're just not going to lose anymore."
    So, they're going unbeaten the rest of the year!!!

Jocketty just made an interesting comment about having positive people in the front office...
    Definitely agree, so long as this is not a euphemism for yes men...

Anybody else think this has to do with ticket sales for this season?

Turn Off Ads?