Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Don't you think we've got a bit of a small sample size problem here?
    A bit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A .750 OPS 2nd baseman isn't exactly the Hope Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    A .750 OPS 2nd baseman isn't exactly the Hope Diamond.
    No, but a middle infielder with pop and just about top of the line defense is worth some coin. Phillips isn't making $12 mil a year. There always risk involved with multi year deals, but his contract looks perfectly fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    No, but a middle infielder with pop and just about top of the line defense is worth some coin.
    He's not a top 5 defensive second baseman. Top 10 maybe. And I think a lot of that pop was ephemeral.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He's not a top 5 defensive second baseman. Top 10 maybe. And I think a lot of that pop was ephemeral.
    He had a better year defensively last year than the gold glove winner, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Brandon Phillips says hello. He was one of those "diamond in the rough" findings.
    Yes, he found both him and Keppinger as diamonds in the rough on offense. He also has overseen the destruction of a really good offense to the offense the Reds have today--big game once a week and besides that 3 runs a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Now you are reaching.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Why? Volquez could get hurt I guess. Provided he doesn't, that's about it, no? What other moves has he made in trade that netted the team a high-ceiling starter?

Am I missing any?

referrring more specifically to you saying it was his only good move. But yeah, check Daryl Thompson's stats so far in AA...

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Now you are reaching.
    How? I think it's perfectly sound to say that his defense is maybe top ten, and that his power is probably more limited than what we saw last year.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    No, but a middle infielder with pop and just about top of the line defense is worth some coin. Phillips isn't making $12 mil a year. There always risk involved with multi year deals, but his contract looks perfectly fine to me.
    Phillips contract isn't in the top 10 of things Krivsky did wrong. Castro, Stanton, Coffey, Freel, Cormier, Gonzalez, Ross, Valentin....

We've all seen the threads on here, how much dead salary does this team have right now?

This team is going to have to replace both Griffey and Dunn at the end of the year as well. Think of how ugly the offense will get then.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

He's entering age-prime years. I'd figure 30 HRs again is a stretch (he had more than a few "just made it" homers last year), but I think 20 HRs is very realistic. Pencil him in for around 20-25 SBs as well, which augments his doubles power. His OBP was .331 last year, and I think he'll walk a few more times this year (he's already on pace for 50 walks this year) and push that closer to .340.

If he's giving you that -- roughly ~.800 OPS -- he has value at his contract level.

And yes, I think his defense is just about as good as it gets at 2B.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

How? I think it's perfectly sound to say that his defense is maybe top ten, and that his power is probably more limited than what we saw last year.
    He plays better defense then you are giving him credit for. I'd be surprised if he ever goes 30/30 again though.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    referrring more specifically to you saying it was his only good move. But yeah, check Daryl Thompson's stats so far in AA...
    Next you'll be telling me to check out Homer's AAA stats. But seriously, MLB is HARD to break into.

No, that's completely flawed. his defense is top 5, maybe the best in the NL. His offense is way overrated.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    So Daryl Thompson's 4 good starts all of a sudden makes the trade a good one?

How about what he did with Brendan Harris?
    Or Cody Ross for that matter?

Think of how much offensive talent he has shipped out and got very little return for.

Pena
    Kearns
    Lopez
    Harris
    Ross
    Hamilton (not saying that wasn't a good trade)

Turn Off Ads?