Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Mock Draft

Re: NFL Mock Draft

So it appears that we will end up with Keith Rivers. I'm not real big on college football, so I'm not sure how good he is. Will he be able to make an impact early on? Potential to be a star player?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So it appears that we will end up with Keith Rivers. I'm not real big on college football, so I'm not sure how good he is. Will he be able to make an impact early on? Potential to be a star player?
    I hate the idea of drafting a LB in the first round. Rivers is good but that is a position where you can find very capable players later in the draft. I'd rather the Bengals draft McKelvin if he is available if Ellis is gone. At least with McKelvin you can jettison Deltha O'Neal and dramaitically upgrade the return game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I hate the idea of drafting a LB in the first round. Rivers is good but that is a position where you can find very capable players later in the draft. I'd rather the Bengals draft McKelvin if he is available if Ellis is gone. At least with McKelvin you can jettison Deltha O'Neal and dramaitically upgrade the return game.
    My problem with that is this:

2006:Jonathan Joseph
    2007:Leon Hall
    2008:...

Do you really want to have the notoriety of the Detroit Lions for selecting the same position player within three years?

If Ellis isn't there, then take Keith Rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My problem with that is this:

2006:Jonathan Joseph
    2007:Leon Hall
    2008:...

Do you really want to have the notoriety of the Detroit Lions for selecting the same position player within three years?

If Ellis isn't there, then take Keith Rivers.
    I agree but it was definitely a position of need and still is if one of the two does not pan out. IMO, McKelvin can help the Bengals a lot more next year than Rivers playing in the nickel and transforming an anemic return game. He might even push for one of the two starting spots. I don't know too much about him but everything I've read suggests that he is going to be something special while Rivers just has the distinction of being the best LB available.

It seems like a moot point, however; because every mock I've seen has him going to either NE or Baltimore.

FWIW - from everything I've read, all we need is to put some pressure on the QB and it will take a load off our secondary. Improving the D-line = two birds, one stone?

I don't see us landing Ellis though, he seems to be too highly regarded.

Pray for Ellis

I know Bengals draft for BPA....but how much of a drop is to get the 3rd best DT? If that DT will go in the first round....why does it matter?

Why not draft a S....... CB is fine with me also.....who cares if it's 3 years in a row? If it was Riley...Parrish.....and Blount....type talent ...that would be good for the team ..... You still need some sort of pass rush.

The Bengals may need to trade up to get Ellis. If that is the case do it. Drafting for need is typically bad, but this fills a need that has been around for twenty years. If New England doesn't take him the Saints will trade up to do it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

My only fear if Ellis is off the board is that the pick will be Mendenhall. Either way I look for RB to be addressed with our first two picks, which is sad considering our defense is a bigger need.

I know Bengals draft for BPA....but how much of a drop is to get the 3rd best DT? If that DT will go in the first round....why does it matter?

Why not draft a S....... CB is fine with me also.....who cares if it's 3 years in a row? If it was Riley...Parrish.....and Blount....type talent ...that would be good for the team ..... You still need some sort of pass rush.
    Kentwan Balmer is the best available DT after Ellis and Dorsey, and he could be had late in the first round. As far as safety, Kenny Phillips is a late first rounder in a very weak safety class.

Taking McKelvin or Cromartie would be probably just as bad as taking Mendenhall.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

My opinion of the first pick:

Great pick:
    Ellis or trade down

Decent Pick:
    Rivers
    McKelvin

Awful Pick:
    Any WR or RB other than McFadden
    Trading up to snag Ellis (too many holes in this team to trade away picks, maybe for Dorsey but not Ellis)

Abysmal Pick that makes me hate the Bengals:
    Any of the top offensive linemen

Turn Off Ads?