Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds' signals getting stolen?

Reds' signals getting stolen?

With Patterson and Hairston getting picked off in back-to-back innings after several pickoff attempts, I am absolutely convinced the Astros have stolen the Reds' signals. Granted, I am not watching the game live, but if they HAVEN'T stolen the Reds singals, this is the most atrocious baserunning display I've ever seen.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds' signals getting stolen?

Hairston got himself doubled off of first the other day as well. I think he's just doing a rotten job on the bases right now.

Doesn't Moneyball (or sabremetrics?) contend that stolen bases prove to be statistically futile on average anyway?

Risking giving up one of your 27 outs, similar to sacrifice bunting.

Patterson was caught because he decided to stop running to second and try to go back to first and the catcher threw the ball to first.

Hairston was caught after taking off on the first move of the lefty that was pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post
    Doesn't Moneyball (or sabremetrics?) contend that stolen bases prove to be statistically futile on average anyway?

Risking giving up one of your 27 outs, similar to sacrifice bunting.
    Overrated, perhaps, but certainly not worthless. Depends on the situation...

I'm just back from the game and I can tell you Patterson was just foolish, he should have kept going. Hairston was just plain caught. No signals stolen I don't think.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?