Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati's white whale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cincinnati's white whale

A right-handed run producer...

Who?

How?
    Last edited by jojo; 04-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Re: Cincinatti's white whale

He's playing 3B for the Yankees (not A-Rod). He would be a bench guy for us though.

Morgan Ensberg?

Matt Kemp? Matt LaPorta? Matt Maloney?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Matt Kemp? Matt LaPorta? Matt Maloney?
    Matt Kemp would be my first choice though I'm not sure where he plays this season especially since Bruce should be the first candidate to push his way into center. Kemp would obviously be miscast in center though he'd likely be a plus defender in right but for the sake of biding time it would at least be an idea.

Kemp would probably require Bailey for discussions to even get rolling.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Matt Kemp would be my first choice though I'm not sure where he plays this season especially since Bruce should be the first candidate to push his way into center. Kemp would obviously be miscast in center though he'd likely be a plus defender in right but for the sake of biding time it would at least be an idea.

And that's fine.

2009 we'll need at least 1 OF, and if Dunn isn't re-signed 2 OF.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

I'll throw out my proposal again. Dunn and Bailey for Kemp.
    The Dodgers have been interested before, his HRs go out anywhere.
    Bruce and Kemp as your new cornerstones in the OF. Ones that can run and field as well. Reds have more than enough pitching depth in the minors to dangle Homer, they also free up some $ next year w/ Griff and Dunn money to attract a high quality veteran OF, and a decent starter or two.

Do it.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I'll throw out my proposal again. Dunn and Bailey for Kemp.
    The Dodgers have been interested before, his HRs go out anywhere.
    Bruce and Kemp as your new cornerstones in the OF. Ones that can run and field as well. Reds have more than enough pitching depth in the minors to dangle Homer, they also free up some $ next year w/ Griff and Dunn money to attract a high quality veteran OF, and a decent starter or two.

Do it.
    I like Kemp but that's too much. I would offer Bailey and some change, not much more. I'd rather hang onto Dunn, or at least trade him for a different need. I don't think the Dodgers would have much interest in Dunn with Andruw Jones already on the roster.
    Go BLUE!!!

The answer maybe a swap to acquire Cuddyer, bad money goes both ways aka Gonzalez and Javy V
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Maybe we could trade Arroyo to the Nats for Wily Mo Pena.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Where's "Cincinatti"?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Edwin Encarnacion.

If placed in the right spot of the the order.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Edwin Encarnacion.

If placed in the right spot of the the order.
    I guess the premise of the thread is that EE would be here but he and Phillips aren't enough "righthandedness".

Re: Cincinnati's white whale

Pujols works for me. I have high expectations from our new GM and a can do spirit.

Do you suppose St. Louis would take Griffey, Dunn and EE straight up for him?

Re: Cincinnati's white whale

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Pujols works for me.
    Do you suppose St. Louis would take Griffey, Dunn and EE straight up for him?
    I posted the above to make a point that Cincinnati has more “white whales” than a lack of a right handed bat. I thought that someone would say, “St. Louis would not do that, they would not take Griffey, Dunn, and Encarcion straight up for Pujols". It at least should make us think about what the Reds really have vs. hope they have.

That should tell us what Kc61 and others are saying, “the Reds need to improve the core of the offense”, is true, when the Reds best would not be acceptable to the Cards for one player.

St. Louis and staff know something about winning, something that the Reds don’t. They need more than a middling right handed bat, they need some premiere players. The Reds have sold us that they have some and think that they have some but, in the current day they don’t.

Turn Off Ads?