Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone have a good mower guy?

Anyone have a good mower guy?

So, my riding mower is pretty much bit the dust, but my wife is convinced it's going to be cheaper to have it repaired than to plop down the cash on a new one. Anybody know any good mower repair shops on the east side of Cincinnati?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone have a good mower guy?

East side? Can't help you there. But this guy knows mowers.

Kessler's Lawn Tree & Garden

3500 River Rd
    Cincinnati, OH 4520

Phone: (513) 471-6500
    Fax: (513) 471-6500
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    So, my riding mower is pretty much bit the dust, but my wife is convinced it's going to be cheaper to have it repaired than to plop down the cash on a new one. Anybody know any good mower repair shops on the east side of Cincinnati?
    You and the wife respectfully better get estimates first. Sometimes repairs are up to a third or more of the cost of a new rider, just depends on what needs fixed. Especially when you can get 10-13 years out a new one, cost vs benefit and the cost of replacement.

What is wrong with the mower?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Rod from Norwood who used to call into the Tracy Jones weekend Extra Innings show works on mowers or at least he used to.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I take mine to a shop on Buckwheat Road in Milford. If that's anywhere near you, let me know and I'll look up the name and address.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    What is wrong with the mower?
    The biggest problems are that it doesn't turn left and that every time I turn on the blade, the deck bottoms out. I'm no mechanic, but based on what I saw underneath, I'm betting the two problems are related.

In addition to all this, we're about to buy a bigger place that will be a little more than the current mower can/should handle (~5 acres at the new place), so it's going to be a battle to a) convince Mrs Rotnoid that this one's seen better days b) come up with the scratch for a replacement. Might be going the used route for awhile.

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I take mine to a shop on Buckwheat Road in Milford. If that's anywhere near you, let me know and I'll look up the name and address.
    I'm in eastgate, so that's not too far. Can you PM me the number?

-Pete Rose

Sounds like it could be a bearing on the mower deck, and the left turn thing should be completely seperate. If your steering linkage has got a problem it might not be too bad a fix, it could just be a missing bolt, all the way up to something serious. I would guess at least $150 to get the deck fixed if you have a bearing out.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Rod from Norwood who used to call into the Tracy Jones weekend Extra Innings show works on mowers or at least he used to.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    The biggest problems are that it doesn't turn left and that every time I turn on the blade, the deck bottoms out. I'm no mechanic, but based on what I saw underneath, I'm betting the two problems are related.

In addition to all this, we're about to buy a bigger place that will be a little more than the current mower can/should handle (~5 acres at the new place), so it's going to be a battle to a) convince Mrs Rotnoid that this one's seen better days b) come up with the scratch for a replacement. Might be going the used route for awhile.
    Put it in the purchase agreement on the new home that you want the current homeowners rider if they have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Put it in the purchase agreement on the new home that you want the current homeowners rider if they have a good one.
    Depending on who the current owner is that could be like asking them for their car.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I've actually considered that. And that would help after we close. Meanwhile I've got 3/4 of an acre that really needs to be mowed. Might just borrow one for now and see what's what going forward.

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?