Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How bout we just trade for Berkman?

How bout we just trade for Berkman?

lol

He absolutely kills us when we play against him.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How bout we just trade for Berkman?

we had a chance for berkman for free but the "BRAIN trust" picked Brandon Larsen

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Because then we'd have to trade for Hall, Bay, McLouth, Mark DeRosa, Chase Utley, etc.

Let's face it - the reason why so many teams seemingly have guys who "kill the Reds" isn't because of some sort of grudge against our city or something strange in their DNA..fact is, we have bad pitching. Bad pitching produces a lot of hitters that "kill you."
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Because then we'd have to trade for Hall, Bay, McLouth, Mark DeRosa, Chase Utley, etc.

Let's face it - the reason why so many teams seemingly have guys who "kill the Reds" isn't because of some sort of grudge against our city or something strange in their DNA..fact is, we have bad pitching. Bad pitching produces a lot of hitters that "kill you."
    Part of it is that a lot of them are really good hitters and hurt a lot of teams.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

part of BBN

Some players for some reason or other just hit well in certain parks. But rest assured, if he wore a reds uni, it would change.
    Just say Dante Bichette !

Corey Patterson used to kill us too. What's your point?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post

Don't forget Brian McCann. He absolutely mashes when he comes here too. (And as an added bonus, that'd clear up the catcher situation in a hurry)
    Last edited by CarolinaRedleg; 04-24-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    That's cause we sucked

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    That's cause we sucked

And add Bill Hall to that list...

That being said, I agree that we haven't really moved for a big name bat in quite a while. We've gotten some big bats, they just didn't have a name when they showed up.

I honestly feel I'm walking through a strange alternate reality this season. We can pitch but we can't hit? It's like a bad science fiction movie.

I did that once. In some MLB game I had for XBOX. 2003 version of something I think. Traded a crap-load in order to get Berkman and Oswalt from Houston, you know the two biggest Reds killers of all time - and this was like 4+ years ago, so they hadn't even built their FULL legacy THAT much against the Reds.

Berkman inserted into cleanup and Oswalt OBVIOUSLY the team's #1. I think I also traded for another veteran SP.

Other than that I think Casey and Jr were the only other MEAT I had in the lineup. I don't even think Dunn was on the roster. Maybe. Pokey Reese? Larkin? Can't remember.

Pretty damn good team. Problem was, no matter what I did, Junior would still go out for the season with an injury at some point no matter how much I rested him. Also, the team always SIMULATED much much better than I could play them in non-sim games - kinda like how the Reds look good on paper but not on the field. I think those two things were the most REALISTIC aspects of that game. HA!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    we had a chance for berkman for free but the "BRAIN trust" picked Brandon Larsen
    Well sure, we already had Casey, who was surely going to win 3-4 batting titles according to LeatherPants... :thumbdown

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    That's cause we sucked
    And we don't now? LOL
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

We will continue to lose games within the division if we can't get Berkman, Bill Hall, Jason Bay, and Derek Lee out. You can throw Pujols into that as well. They all just SHRED the Reds.

Gotta have Furcal, too.

Turn Off Ads?