Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: The Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I watched a lot of USC games this year -- I don't think he's going to transition to the pro game quite as well as many think.

Plus, he benefited a TON from the disruptive d-line (led by the aforementioned Ellis) that created space by occupying blockers at the point of attack.

I dunno. I'm not a fan.
    Fair enough.

I only remember watching 2 USC games. 1 game he was on, the other he was lost in the mix.

I like that Rivers will be able to play OLB and MLB. With Thurman being reinstated, and now drafting Rivers, things are looking up for the LB corp.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Really?

We need a LB.

I would have thought the Pats moved down, thinking Rivers would be available @ 10.
    Nah, the Pats don't want rookie LBs. Maybe a DE they can convert, but not this high.

But, of course, they do exactly that. Because as soon as you think you know what they're going to do, they do the opposite.
    Last edited by blumj; 04-26-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I like this pick I think Rivers could help out alot
    Most Vottomatic Player

I only like the Rivers pick if the Bengals can get Laws or another good DT in the 2nd.
    If not then the Bengals didn't do much at all to fix the DT problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I only like the Rivers pick if the Bengals can get Laws or another good DT in the 2nd.
    I'd like them to take a DT there, but taking two in the D front 7 with the first two picks might be too much for Mike Brown to handle. Of course they did it with Pollack and Thurman, so we'll see.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    True. And with Robertson failing his physical in the potential trade from the Jets I'm not sure how we'd go about resolving the DT situation if we don't grab one in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    True. And with Robertson failing his physical in the potential trade from the Jets I'm not sure how we'd go about resolving the DT situation if we don't grab one in the 2nd.
    Invent a new style of D that doesn't use DTs. Maybe just draft a bunch of LBs and give them Laser Cats.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Anybody watch the Rivers interview on ESPNews? It has nothing to do with his abilities, but I came away very impressed. He was incredibly well spoken, seemed to be very bright, and even handled the Chad question well. Sounds like he has a great head on his shoulders...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Invent a new style of D that doesn't use DTs. Maybe just draft a bunch of LBs and give them Laser Cats.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Bills select a CB.

I really dislike taking CBs high in the first round. Really, outside of 1 or 2 guys, there isn't a single corner in the NFL that can cover a WR 1-on-1 if the QB has more than a few seconds to throw.

On the other side, you can play great defense with mediocre corners as long as your pass rush is good. The Giants proved that quite nicely.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Huh? Stewart. Maybe BPA?
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Cmon bears, BROHM!!!
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Laws or Dre Moore must be selected in round 2

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Bills select a CB.

I really dislike taking CBs high in the first round. Really, outside of 1 or 2 guys, there isn't a single corner in the NFL that can cover a WR 1-on-1 if the QB has more than a few seconds to throw.

On the other side, you can play great defense with mediocre corners as long as your pass rush is good. The Giants proved that quite nicely.
    I hate Tampa Bay.

I hate being a fan.

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Jerry Jones loves him some Arkansasnians.

I would have loved to be able to grab Mendenhall there, who I'm extremely surprised was still on the board.

Turn Off Ads?