Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Fallon to take over for Conan O'Brien

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Jimmy Fallon to take over for Conan O'Brien

I like Fallon as well...great Barry Gibb impersonation...only downer for me was watching him and queen latifah in "Taxi"...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Letterman will never retire. He'll do that show until the day he dies, at which point he'll be replaced with a Letterman Automatron Robot.
    False. They will animate the show using "Evil David Letterman" as the voice.

I like Conan, but I think his act lends itself better to Late Night than a "primetime" late night show.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This guy wasn't funny on SNL....and he's been an afterthought since.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I remind everyone that the conventional wisdom hated the Conan O'Brien hiring, and it's still painful to watch him on the first couple years of the show.

I didn't see Fallon fill in for Letterman. Does anyone who saw him in an interview format have an opinion of him?

I think Letterman is great, but if I were to predict his efficacy as a talk show host based on his movie career (e.g. "Cabin Boy") I'd think he sucks too.

Who said bring back Kilborn? Please, please no.
    Stick to your guns.

There is little related to SNL and a show like Late Night...Jimmy Falon is a VERY GOOD WRITER and he is also a very natural conversationalist, same as Conan when he took over. He doesn't need to be a great Stand up Comedian or even Skit comedian or actor to do the show well, I think Falon will surprise a lot of people with how good he does.

That said, I hated him on SNL, he was totally out classed in every aspect of the show...except, writing.

I think this is a good choice.

Knowing Jay Leno and his incredible streak of LOYALTY, I would say he entertains thoughts of ABC and FOX but will end up staying with NBC...I admit I could be dead wrong but in the past from the clubs he has worked to the people he promotes to the management team he works with to the writers on his show has shown an extreme amount of loyalty.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I like Conan, but I think his act lends itself better to Late Night than a "primetime" late night show.
    Many said the same thing about David Letterman
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

hell of an Adam Sandler impression on 'Celebrity Jeopardy'...

so Craig Ferguson is going to win. Huzzah, he's hillarious.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What a horrible choice, but then Conan on the Tonight Show is also going to be a disaster
    Says who? Leno is okay, but Conan is another league. Dude is hilarious.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Knowing Jay Leno and his incredible streak of LOYALTY, I would say he entertains thoughts of ABC and FOX but will end up staying with NBC...I admit I could be dead wrong but in the past from the clubs he has worked to the people he promotes to the management team he works with to the writers on his show has shown an extreme amount of loyalty.
    Stays with NBC doing what? They've now filled both of the late night talk show slots.

If he does the same thing, the only places to do that are ABC and Fox, unless he dusts off the Arsenio Hall model and tries to put together a syndicated show.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    ...Jimmy Falon is a VERY GOOD WRITER ...
    I'd say he's better than Seth Myers, but he's still very hit-and-miss. I liked his take on Barry Gibb as a rage-fueled egomaniac, but his "Jared's Room" sketches were "Wayne's World" knock-offs filled with lame stoner jokes. His "Baaaston" sketches and his "Your Company's Computer Guy" bits were equally forgettable.

I liked him when he first came on SNL and was just doing musical impersonations on WU. But he wears thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post

Who said bring back Kilborn? Please, please no.
    I thought Kilborn was great. I loved his show. I know a lot of people hated him, but his style of comedy is exactly my style.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Everyone knew that the Cone Zone was funny, but he had to adjust because he was never on TV before.

Fallon was already on TV and was very forgettable as a whole. He is kind of like a less childish version of Dane Cook, who is equally not funny.

Is he going to get Horatio Sanz to sit with him and laugh for an hour?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?