Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grande was painful tonight

Re: Grande was painful tonight

Not to mention how he worked his "man crush" on Jim Edmonds into the conversation at least 3-4 times.

Even had a video highlight reel cued up for him to drool over.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Beep Beep Jeep pitching matchup...arrrrgh....I respect George as a person, seems to be very respected withing the MLB community...but I do not like his announcing...

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Personally I like the fact that George isn't a homer. So whether you think it is "man-love" for Edmonds, or maybe George just enjoys talking about a franchise that has actually had sucess in recent history, I don't care. I like to hear the man's opinion on other teams, players, and front offices. Not that I agree with it all the time, but if everyone agreed there wouldn't be a need for a place like redszone.com
    George, is that you?

I hate the Cardinals and would rather have a homer bash them the whole game than listen to the whole lovefest displayed by GG.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    George, is that you?

I hate the Cardinals and would rather have a homer bash them the whole game than listen to the whole lovefest displayed by GG.
    Hi, Hello, and Welcome...damn you found me out. :
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Ever watch the Extra Innings freeview on Directv? Watching other teams will show you that there are announcers out there that do a FAR worse job than Grande.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

There are a lot of things to complain about this year with the Reds. George G. is not one of them.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

I like George but I wish he would remind me where Griffey hit his 500 homer a few more times a game. It seems like its every time Griffey bats. In all seriousness, I think that if you watch the same guys announcing every game they are going to get old no matter who it is.

Grande is a great guy but I can't stand him. Welsh too.... although I think working with Thom has triggered something in Welsh that has made him more tolerable. I love Brantley and Thom (when hes not in a despressing Reds losing mood).

George Grande

I wonder if it is even possible for George to go to a commercial break in an inning where the other team scores without saying "but the damage is done." Seriously, I'm not sure if he is even capable of not saying it. He is flat out painful to listen to, but I don't have a radio in the house. I think I may start watching the games on mute.

Re: George Grande

I really like Grande. We're pretty lucky to have him. Some think he talks too much, but I don't think so.

He goes out saying "the damage is done." So, he has a catch phrase, so what?

I like George. He's pleasant to listen to and is always telling a corny joke, which only he and Chris think is funny. And then that makes me laugh.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

He makes me want to take my socks off and stuff them into my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    He makes me want to take my socks off and stuff them into my ears.
    I Agree

We are watching a horror show with a G-rated announcer.
    Kind of gets on my nerves.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

George Grande is a classy, very nice man....not a good announcer...

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    I Agree

We are watching a horror show with a G-rated announcer.
    Kind of gets on my nerves.
    Wow. Thank you. That is a genius description and one which helped me to crystallize my thoughts on the manner.

Turn Off Ads?