Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Krivs sounds off

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Krivs sounds off

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...final_say.html

If this was posted earlier, I apologize. I didn't see it anywhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Krivs sounds off

Just goes to show that WK is the best GM we've had in a long long long time...

So does Krivsky get a ring when the Reds go to the postseason and possibly win this thing?

I think he should.

Great article that speaks volumes about the comparable failures of other teams that were already far ahead of the Reds organization before Wayne took over.

He definitely got the shaft. Jocketty is going to succeed because Wayne built him an outstanding foundation. And that will get conveniently lost and forgotten when the Reds do find success.

Senor Votto

Thank you Wayne for the possible contender you helped make. I don't think the team would be near contention if it wasn't for Wayne.

He has around 30 million in bad deals. Pointing to other bad deals like Frank Thomas, Matt Morris or Barry Zito doesn't change that. If Cormier's money was eaten by the A's, that should tell you how much they coveted Denorfia and would have given up much more. That deal should not come off his ledger. All of his bad deals stunk in the beginning and most here knew it.

Kriv should spend more time talking about Volquez, Keppinger, and Phillips. At least O'Brien can say he drafted well. Kriv brought us Drew Stubbs.
    Last edited by big boy; 04-29-2008 at 04:26 PM.

The money wasted on bad deals was evened out by getting great producers for next to nothing. Over the past few years, players like Hamilton, Ross, Phillips, Keppinger, and Hatteburg have given the Reds big bang for the buck.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    The money wasted on bad deals was evened out by getting great producers for next to nothing. Over the past few years, players like Hamilton, Ross, Phillips, Keppinger, and Hatteburg have given the Reds big bang for the buck.
    Valid points but one should also look at his record as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    He has around 30 million in bad deals. Pointing to other bad deals like Frank Thomas, Matt Morris or Barry Zito doesn't change that. If Cormier's money was eaten by the A's, that should tell you how much they coveted Denorfia and would have given up much more. That deal should not come off his ledger. All of his bad deals stunk in the beginning and most here knew it.

Kriv should spend more time talking about Volquez, Keppinger, and Phillips. At least O'Brien can say he drafted well. Kriv brought us Drew Stubbs.
    I agree with the comment on his drafting ability. I think our propects in the minors have a lot more to do with O'Brien than they do with Krivsky.
    Notable O'Brien Picks: Jay Bruce, Homer Bailey, Paul Janish, and also signed Non-Drafted Free Agent Johnny Cueto
    Krivsky Notables: Stubbs, Roenicke, and Mesoraco.

Even Though Bowden was a terrible GM and terrible on draft day, he did draft Votto and Dickerson.

I don't think O'Brien gets enough credit for his drafting ability, and for what he did to help our minor leagues. Now I wouldn't say I would want him back as GM, but he did do some good things here.

The 4 Reds in the Top 50 MLB prospects list were Bruce, Bailey, Votto, and Cueto. Like I said before Bruce, Bailey, and Cueto all came from O'Brien, while Votto came from Bowden.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Valid points but one should also look at his record as GM.
    His record of helping turn (along with his predecessor) one of the worst minor league systems into one of the best speaks volumes. Jockety will do the opposite.

Turn Off Ads?