Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to send Mr. C Packing

Time to send Mr. C Packing

I have been more than supportive of Mr. C since he came in to rescue all us Reds Fans from our recent history but sadly, the guy hasn't displayed that he has a clue as to how to put together a baseball organization.

It's time for Mr. C to go!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time to send Mr. C Packing

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    I have been more than supportive of Mr. C since he came in to rescue all us Reds Fans from our recent history but sadly, the guy hasn't displayed that he has a clue as to how to put together a baseball organization.

It's time for Mr. C to go!
    Enough of these goofy posts. Please.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'm not even sure what to say to this.

He's owned the club only a few years and he's actually willing to spend some money... and you want him gone?

I'm starting to really think the hot first week this season was the worst thing that could have possibly happened. It got hopes up and raised expectations and now that they're showing what kind of team they really are, people want heads to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I'm not even sure what to say to this.

He's owned the club only a few years and he's actually willing to spend some money... and you want him gone?

I'm starting to really think the hot first week this season was the worst thing that could have possibly happened. It got hopes up and raised expectations and now that they're showing what kind of team they really are, people want heads to roll.
    You continue to fall into the "willing to spend" trap. It isn't willing to spend, it is how you spend it. The Reds continue to do such a bad job at it, it is amazing. It started with Griffey and ends with Arroyo?

"Mr.C" needs to stepdown and let his people do the work. If they tell him they can't win to next decade. He should abide and even if something like 2006 were to happen in 2009, he will let them do their job. His being pushy is just leading to more problems.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    You continue to fall into the "willing to spend" trap. It isn't willing to spend, it is how you spend it. The Reds continue to do such a bad job at it, it is amazing. It started with Griffey and ends with Arroyo?
    I haven't fallen into anything. I realize that the money given was allocated badly. I'd say that falls onto the head of a GM who as of today is no longer here... another sign that he's willing to spend money.

Does anybody think that some of the posters here on RZ could do a better job as GM of the Reds?
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 05-04-2008 at 06:17 PM.

It's kind of like saying that the owner of Kroger should step down because the grocery store sux. Ain't gonna happen. He owns it and will run it the way he wants. That doesn't mean I have to follow the Reds or shop at Kroger, though.

I still maintain that Castellini and Baker are not the problem. The problem is on the field. Everyone got so "up" aobut the pitching, especially Cueto, who came to earth pretty quick, and the bullpen, who have proven to be nearly as bad as in years past. The bullpen alone has pitched 9.1 innings in the last two days, giving up 19 hits and 14 earned runs! Just alarming is the 11 walks.

This team is poorly constructed and has been for years. Nothing's improved and really has gotten worse. It's time to blow it up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Does anybody think that some of the posters here on RZ could do a better job as GM of the Reds?
    I bet if the brain/talent trust here at redszone was melded into one individual, that person could probably make a successful go at the Florence Freedom....

Being a GM is a pretty daunting task which requires a myriad of skills and often makes very talented individuals look incompetent because of the very unforgiving way the job exposes any weaknesses/deficiencies.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

On the brink of disaster

All this crybabying is getting old. We've had three threads of sending people packing. Give me a break, we just had a GM change and now you want Castellini and Dusty gone? How do you expect that will affect the team long term? The Reds aren't out of it. Shoot, we're not even close to the ASB or the trade deadline. It drives me crazy that people want to throw in the towel on this regime and start all over again. Castellini gave us our first real shot at .500 baseball in a long time. We have signed a guy in the DR that made a statement that we aren't afraid to spend money on foreign talent. I see good signs and people are ignoring the long term effects because of a lousy start to the season. I know it's frustrating, but you can't judge a man based on this. He's bringing back players who were part of the Reds past success, we've never seen that. I can keep going about the good things he has done. I didn't even mention the improvements he made to give GABP more character. Yeah, a lot of people didn't like the way the Krivsky firing was handled, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes. I'm rambling now, but this talk of firing everybody that has any association with the club is getting out of control.

Am I the only one that found this thread funny? I don't think it was meant to be serious, but rather, poking fun at all of the other ridiculous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Am I the only one that found this thread funny? I don't think it was meant to be serious, but rather, poking fun at all of the other ridiculous threads.
    I thought it was hilarious...

The only "Watch" thread that I feel could possibly be grounded in reality is the Brook Jacoby is Dunn and the rest of the heavy hitters keep slumpin. He's not exactly Dusty's "guy" and was kept for "continuity" reasons.

Its not out of the realm of possibility with the way this team has swung the bat.

Where's Mike Greenwell? :P
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I hope the Reds eventually get Hatteberg to be the hitting instructor.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Castellini is fine. He wants to win and he will spend a lot of money for a small market team. The money will be better spent once he isn't crippled with contracts like Griffey's, Dunn's, Stanton, Castro, Gonzalez, Ross, etc.

The guy has been owner for less than three years. Don't make him out to be Mike Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    I have been more than supportive of Mr. C since he came in to rescue all us ... It's time for Mr. C to go.
    My initial reaction was that I'd accidentally logged onto the "Happy Days" forum again.

For a moment, I thought he was talking about me.
    But, hey, if it helps the Reds win, it is a sacrifice I am grudgingly willing to take.

Turn Off Ads?