Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    they are at least in the conversation. Those two are completely worthless in the outfield.
    Give me Votto (LF), Hopper (CF) and Bruce (RF). Move Dunn to 1B and Jr. to the AL.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Topsail, NC
    Posts
    369

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Dunn at 1B has passed.

    Hairston > Pattreson, Hopper, Freel IMO
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

  4. #3
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    I want no part of Hopper in CF. He is a terrible defensive outfielder, just terrible. I agree that Dunn should be playing 1st and I would love to see Bruce in RF.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Topsail, NC
    Posts
    369

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    What was the reason the Dunn at 1B expeirment failed? Was it Hatte coming over or was it because Dunn stunk?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    dunn had 12 errors in 100 games at first..

    While Griff isnt up to his old GG days.. he still is better than 50% of the outfielders playing today.. what he lacks in speed he makes up for in his read of the ball.. soo don't tell me his speed makes him one of the worst.. having speed only helps if you read the ball well.. Lewis in SF is fast, but can't read a ball to save his life.. soo he is not good at all.. dunn on the other hand can't read balls well.. apparent by his taking more than a second to react to any ball hit to him.. and his speed is below average.. while griffey isnt the centerpiece of an outfield anymore he is a more than capable RF..

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    38

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Chris Duncan usually makes Dunn look like a gold glover in LF but i don't know what happened on that throw last night

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Norris Hopper is a poor defensive center fielder, can't run, and can't hit the ball out of the infield. I will never understand the love affair some people have with him.

  9. #8
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    They're not the worst by a long shot. This thread should never had been started.

  10. #9
    Member foxfire123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell, aka Eastern Missouri.
    Posts
    712

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    They're not the worst by a long shot. This thread should never had been started.
    It's probably just in response to their crappy game last night. I know I was screaming for blood on those sloppy, stupid errors last night. What I was saying about Dunn wasn't ladylike and certainly isn't fit for a family board! I'm sure I'm not the only one.... lol!

  11. #10
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Their miscues didn't help but they hardly made a difference in the outcome.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Griffey is a liability in the field. It doesn't matter how well he reads the ball, his legs are shot. He regularly turns the routine into the spectacular. That's if he even gets to the ball at all on some plays.

    Dunn needs to drop 40lbs. and learn to play 1b. That or go to the AL.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  13. #12
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    So you want Dunn out of the outfield for being a bad fielder but you'll put Norris Hopper in a more important outfield position and he's pretty bad himself. Hopper doesn't produce at the plate like Dunn does unless you're talking about bunts.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    I wouldn't say they're the worst. Laziest? Possibly, but not the worst. They are probably the laziest OF's I've seen in a while. The guys just act like they don't care out there.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,605

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    We wont have to worry about it in a few months anyway.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

    Yes, I would rather have Hopper out there. I would rather have what Hopper gives you for his salary than what Dunn gives you for his. The Reds should move Dunn just as quick as they can.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25