Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

they are at least in the conversation. Those two are completely worthless in the outfield.
    Give me Votto (LF), Hopper (CF) and Bruce (RF). Move Dunn to 1B and Jr. to the AL.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Dunn and Jr. don't make up the worst defensive OF in MLB history...

Dunn at 1B has passed.

Hairston > Pattreson, Hopper, Freel IMO
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I want no part of Hopper in CF. He is a terrible defensive outfielder, just terrible. I agree that Dunn should be playing 1st and I would love to see Bruce in RF.

What was the reason the Dunn at 1B expeirment failed? Was it Hatte coming over or was it because Dunn stunk?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

dunn had 12 errors in 100 games at first..

While Griff isnt up to his old GG days.. he still is better than 50% of the outfielders playing today.. what he lacks in speed he makes up for in his read of the ball.. soo don't tell me his speed makes him one of the worst.. having speed only helps if you read the ball well.. Lewis in SF is fast, but can't read a ball to save his life.. soo he is not good at all.. dunn on the other hand can't read balls well.. apparent by his taking more than a second to react to any ball hit to him.. and his speed is below average.. while griffey isnt the centerpiece of an outfield anymore he is a more than capable RF..

Chris Duncan usually makes Dunn look like a gold glover in LF but i don't know what happened on that throw last night

Norris Hopper is a poor defensive center fielder, can't run, and can't hit the ball out of the infield. I will never understand the love affair some people have with him.

They're not the worst by a long shot. This thread should never had been started.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    They're not the worst by a long shot. This thread should never had been started.
    It's probably just in response to their crappy game last night. I know I was screaming for blood on those sloppy, stupid errors last night. What I was saying about Dunn wasn't ladylike and certainly isn't fit for a family board! I'm sure I'm not the only one.... lol!

Their miscues didn't help but they hardly made a difference in the outcome.

Griffey is a liability in the field. It doesn't matter how well he reads the ball, his legs are shot. He regularly turns the routine into the spectacular. That's if he even gets to the ball at all on some plays.

Dunn needs to drop 40lbs. and learn to play 1b. That or go to the AL.

So you want Dunn out of the outfield for being a bad fielder but you'll put Norris Hopper in a more important outfield position and he's pretty bad himself. Hopper doesn't produce at the plate like Dunn does unless you're talking about bunts.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I wouldn't say they're the worst. Laziest? Possibly, but not the worst. They are probably the laziest OF's I've seen in a while. The guys just act like they don't care out there.

We wont have to worry about it in a few months anyway.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Yes, I would rather have Hopper out there. I would rather have what Hopper gives you for his salary than what Dunn gives you for his. The Reds should move Dunn just as quick as they can.

Turn Off Ads?