Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Game thread question

Game thread question

I noticed on the post where it says the Game Threads will be suspended, it says 4-15- 08 until 5-15-08. Does this mean the suspension is for a 1 month period, or is the suspension indefinite?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game thread question

I think that is just the length of the announcement, but we should get further clarification from Boss/GIK or a mod...

Senor Votto

I thought someone in the Chat said the GT would be coming back soon. I'm not sure though but I would like the GT to come back as soon as possible because losing the Game Thread didn't only affect those at the ORG but us Sundeck regulars that use the chat. For a while it was unbearable to go to the chat with 45 people in there. Now it's not so bad but I still like to read the Gamethreads every so often.

It's indefinite. We have selected new Game Thread Forum moderators, however, and are in the process of clarifying our rules in preparation of reopening the forum.

wow...i forgot about the chat.
    i've been loitering around looking for something to do during the game and keep forgetting about the chat
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    wow...i forgot about the chat.
    i've been loitering around looking for something to do during the game and keep forgetting about the chat
    Chats can be a lot of fun, there are a lot of pretty good people in the chats on Redszone, join the group and the fun.

So, is it publicly known when the Game Threads are coming back? It's not that I miss them, but I miss the passion it brings out in RZ. Things have been pretty crappy around here lately...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    So, is it publicly known when the Game Threads are coming back? It's not that I miss them, but I miss the passion it brings out in RZ. Things have been pretty crappy around here lately...
    I have to agree. And I must say(and I'm sorry mods) that it's getting pretty ridiculous. Two threads were just locked down for having content that resembled game commentary. One of which had the potential for good discussion(the Volquez comparison thread by RMR)

I hope that we can get them back, or at least get some type of solution/compromise soon. There doesn't seem to be much to talk about when you can't discuss... games.

It's absurd that you can't talk about Reds games on a website about the Reds. I know there was a problem, but this has dragged on way too long.

When we said no game threads, we meant it. I understand why people want to skirt around it but we meant what we said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    It's absurd that you can't talk about Reds games on a website about the Reds. I know there was a problem, but this has dragged on way too long.
    Well, and we want to make sure we have our "t's" crossed and "i's" dotted. There are a lot of stuff to discuss. There's a lot of gray area we have to make black and white.

Sorry if it's an "inconvenience" and "absurd". The playground will be open soon.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

With all due respect to the owners and mods of RedsZone... This is "The Best Online Web Site for Reds Discussion".

Seems to me like if some members hate the Game Threads so much, they can always ignore them and stay in chat.

There are plenty of well respected members who always enjoy and sometimes take part in Game Threads.

Noone is forced to read Game Threads and only ORG members can take part.
    If any member gets so bent outta shape just because someone disagrees with them... maybe they should never have been promoted to The ORG.

JMHO.

I know that people are not going to like me writing this, oh well, we'll get over it, I think it is a good idea that the game threads are closed, especially when the Reds are playing really bad, the bad team and losing, well it tends to bring out the negative emotional dumping from many of us fans. Negative emotional reacts will be difficult to make rules for and will carry some latent negative effects that will not be realized until after the fact.

I suppose now that the new game thread policy has been announced, the Mods can close this thread if needed. I have had my questions answered in any event.

Turn Off Ads?