Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Yovani Gallardo - Out for season

Yovani Gallardo - Out for season

Torn ACL...not a good thing for Brewers fans.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Yovani Gallardo has a torn ACL.

An examination of Gallardo in Milwaukee on Friday morning revealed the injury, which Gallardo suffered in a collision with Reed Johnson on Thursday. The team will wait until swelling subsides to determine if he needs surgery, but there's a good chance he'll miss the rest of the season. Dave Bush will be recalled and replace him in the rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yovani Gallardo - Out for season

I was just about to post this. That's too bad for the kid, he looks to be the real deal. My first though when something like this happens to a rival team is "hey, this is great news for the Reds" but then I take a step back and imagine if this happened to Cueto, Bailey, or Volquez....not so funny anymore. Shame....
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

tough break -- the kid's very good -- didn't he continue to pitch after the collision/near-collision?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Now if Bill Hall would only suffer a similar injury to stop being a Reds Killer....

(I'm only half serious, or half joking.... however you wanna look at it... )

Yeah I feel bad for the kid. I was watching the game yesterday when it happened. Unbelievably, he got up and faced a few more batters afterwards. Tough kid!
    Go BLUE!!!

Wow, that really sucks for the Brewers. I just never like seeing someone get injurred, regardless if it's the opposition or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    tough break -- the kid's very good -- didn't he continue to pitch after the collision/near-collision?
    Yep. I was watching the game when it happened, and it looked pretty bad. He threw about 8-10 warmup pitches and stayed in the game but you could tell he was favoring his knee. This is unfortunate to hear, I like that kid a lot. This hurts the Brewers chances of winning the Central.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

With Sheets already injured once this season, and him looking a little shaky vs. the Cubs in his first start back, the Brewers rotation could take a big hit.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Cubs uncorking champagne.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Jeff Brantley is probably say a prayer of thanks - he struggled over pronouncing this kid's name for two innings.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I was watching that game, and I thought at the time that it was extremely questionable to let him stay in the game. Yeah, he stood up and almost looked like he was ok, but he immediately lost 5-6 miles off his fastball and was favoring that leg.

It can probably never be proven, but who is to say it didn't compound the injury leaving him in? Ned Yost should take some heat for leaving his best pitcher out there in that situation.

That's too bad. The silver lining is that it's not an arm injury. The kid is very talented.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Kills my fantasy team.... come on John Danks, step up kid.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Kills my fantasy team.... come on John Danks, step up kid.
    No kidding. Hurts my $$ league team which was already pitching thin due to injuries. And there's not even a bright side since it's hard to imagine the Reds actually contending this year. Normally I'd think, well, at least this will help the Reds pass the Brewers. But this year, it probably doesn't matter unless they turn it on real quick.

Turn Off Ads?