Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds righty bats -- Frazier, Valaika, Stubbs, Waring

Reds righty bats -- Frazier, Valaika, Stubbs, Waring

So the Reds need right handed bats. Badly.

They have these four young players. Guess which side they hit from? All are doing well this year. All are 22 or 23, not too young to be close to the majors.

Stubbs plays a position of need for the Reds. If he were ready, the open spot is there.

As for Waring, Frazier, Valaika, not sure where they would eventually play. But you'd have to think that the Reds would find a spot for them, as at least a platoon, if they were ready. They are right handed and they can hit.

Shouldn't the Reds be promoting them aggressively? Shouldn't the Reds be settling on defensive positions for Valaika and Frazier? Can any of the four be ready to contribute by 2009? Are they in the Reds' plans or, for whatever reason, are they not real?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds righty bats -- Frazier, Valaika, Stubbs, Waring

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Are they in the Reds' plans or, for whatever reason, are they not real?
    The bad thing about the seemingly constant turnover in both the front office and on the bench (and even ownership) is that the Reds "plans" change every couple years. With Jocketty and Baker in, I doubt there are any clear plans right now as they haven't had the time to evaluate and make them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    The bad thing about the seemingly constant turnover in both the front office and on the bench (and even ownership) is that the Reds "plans" change every couple years. With Jocketty and Baker in, I doubt there are any clear plans right now as they haven't had the time to evaluate and make them.
    I'm sure Terry Reynolds and whomever have discussed these guys with Jocketty and Baker. I can't believe that they don't know about them and haven't considered them in whatever plans they are discussing.

Just seems to me that they fit an obvious need -- cheaply -- and the Reds should be heavily focused on their development.

Just seems to me that they fit an obvious need -- cheaply -- and the Reds should be heavily focused on their development.
    Sure, but they have to earn it. Adam Rosales, also a righty bat, OPSd over .900 between Sarasota and Chattanooga last year, with 70 EBHs. He's in the tank at Louisville so far. Those guys have a ways to go before they're filling any needs in Cincy.

In the not so distant future (2010) we may be begging for lefty bats if we don't sign Dunn:
    1B Votto L
    2B Phillips R
    3B EE/Waring/Frazier/Valaika/Keppinger R
    SS Keppinger/Valaika/Frazier R or someone else
    LF Frazier/Waring R
    CF Stubbs R
    RF Bruce L
    C ????

Turn Off Ads?