Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Friday May 2nd minor league updates

Re: Friday May 2nd minor league updates

Pretty good effort from Thompson tonight. Looks like he may not have had his best stuff, but those are still very good numbers.

Code:
    Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA 
    Thompson 6.0 5 3 1 1 6 0 0.72

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Can we back off Aronchis for once? If he was just saying stuff like, "Jay Bruce sucks!" every night, that would be annoying, but he usually has a point behind it. Jay Bruce has had terrible on base skills so far this year. I personally don't think that will continue, but to blast someone just for having an unpopular opinion seems a little temperamental.
    Thank you Superdude, lets not let this turn into the big league game threads.

Aronchis may shoot from the hip with some comments a little bit, but try to read between the lines and think about what he says.. its not always that off the cuff.

Earlier he made a post about Jay Bruce being a cut below the true gods of baseball. I understand what he's saying, not that I necessarily agree. But I can see why he says perhaps we need to temper enthusiasm a bit. What if he doesn't turn into the mega star we thought? Anybody remember Greg Jeffries? Things happen. The true stars of this game have the great eye to go along with the great bat, and while I think Bruce has a great bat already, I think he has the potential for even more. And I think he can harness a bit more of it at AAA.

Jay Bruce is probably expected to be too much too soon, and who knows. Don't rush the kid. There's still things he could learn at AAA I think, and if we're not going anywhere then let him learn. Especially if thats a decision that DOES let him progress into the upper echelon where most of the opinion on this board seems to agree he will be and/or already is.

I'm not saying I agree with this point or even most thing Aronchis has to say, but I see where he's comin from on this one and my general overall point is if you don't just react to the melodrama of the post then its something I have found worthwhile and apprecitive of.

Aronchis, you and I may not see eye to eye on things and I may think you're loco about other things, but you'll never be on my ignore list.
    Last edited by cincyinco; 05-03-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Well, he is on a bunch of ours, because the comments tend to be ceaslessly, unendingly, negative. This forum has been a joy since I found the ignore feature.

Which brings me to this simple request:

Please, people, stop quoting his posts when responding to them. If you don't mind him, fine. No big deal. But a lot of us do. And it defeats a very useful feature when you do that. Go ahead and converse/argue with him, if that is your desire. But please respect those of us that are trying to be civil by simply ignoring.

Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?