Turn Off Ads?

Thread: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

May 2nd..
    NO OFFENSE, and another wasted start by our starting pitching.. I hope moves are made by the next home stand..im not wasting money to go watch losing baseball after all the only high lite is Jr and the 600 home run.. nothing else will happen other than last place.. sad i never expected this team to suck like this.. GRRRR

Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

Well there's the Cubs fans too.

Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

You got to believe Dusty's on the hot seat. He's not Walt's man.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That would be flat out ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    That would be flat out ridiculous.
    You've followed this club for how many years?

You've followed this club for how many years?
    I think that would top many. Signing a manager to a contract like that and then dumping him within the first year would be out there.

Dusty has nothing to do with Dunn and Griffey sucking. Nothing to do with the uselessness of the bench. Nothing to do with the poor roster construction.

The only negative I would give him would be on his lineup construction. But that isn't enough to totally negate the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think that would top many. Signing a manager to a contract like that and then dumping him within the first year would be out there.

Dusty has nothing to do with Dunn and Griffey sucking. Nothing to do with the uselessness of the bench. Nothing to do with the poor roster construction.

The only negative I would give him would be on his lineup construction. But that isn't enough to totally negate the offense.
    I know Dusty's not the least bit responsible for this trainwreck.

I sort of agree with this, although I think it's still a little early.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    May 2nd..
    NO OFFENSE, and another wasted start by our starting pitching.. I hope moves are made by the next home stand..im not wasting money to go watch losing baseball after all the only high lite is Jr and the 600 home run.. nothing else will happen other than last place.. sad i never expected this team to suck like this.. GRRRR
    I agree. As a fan, how is it the least bit entertaining to sit through 3 hrs of baseball only to see your team get three hits? This team is not even entertaining to watch.

They call me "chef"

If we all buy 4 tickets to every game the Reds will have enough money to take over Johan Santana's contract in 2013.

Don't give up on this team!

I'm bringing my parents (Cub fans...sigh) to two of next weeks games against the Cubs. I already have our seats, but just for kicks, I decided to see what kind of seats were still available. I could pretty much get a good spot anywhere I wanted, which is actually surprising as it's been more difficult in prior years. Unless there is a mad last minute rush, maybe the "sea of blue" won't be in full force for the series.

I must admit though, that I'm not thrilled about driving 5 hours down there to see a team put together 3 - 6 hits (if I'm lucky). I sure hope the offense decides to make an appearance next week.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

The Reds will sell out when the Cubs are in town, the Red Sox are in town and the Cardinals are in town.

Aside from that, maybe only on the better fan giveaway days...

Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

I think Bob is smart enough to realize that no manager would be able to take this poorly constructed roster and turn it into a winning team.

Dusty is safe through this year, at bare minimum. Probably next year too.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Dusty Baker has very little to do with why the Reds are losing right now, and that is coming from somebody who didn't like the hire at the time, and still doesn't.

I'm going to let Dusty hang himself before I do it for him, and he just hasn't done it as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?