Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

  1. #16
    Member Spring~Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,630

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Then why would he be on the hot seat then? Bob C can't be that stupid can he?

    I don’t know about that, Bob seems to fit the old cliché, that if you don't get it right the first time, to try, try again. Bob keeps trying, I guess because he can’t get it right.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Then why would he be on the hot seat then? Bob C can't be that stupid can he?
    Because he's not Walt's choice.

  4. #18
    Member Spring~Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,630

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    12 wins - 18 losses .400 win pct projects to

    65 wins - 97 losses on the season.

    97 losses !!! hotseats for everyone. :all_cohol

  5. #19
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Because he's not Walt's choice.
    But he was Bob's choice. And with that being said, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

  6. #20
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Because he's not Walt's choice.
    Who do you think Walt would choose? Tony LaRussa?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  7. #21
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,930

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Because he's not Walt's choice.
    I think people are forgetting this is the same organization that canned Tony Perez after 44 games. If this year tanks, I would not be suprised to see Baker gone at the end of the year.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  8. #22
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,930

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    But he was Bob's choice. And with that being said, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Krivksy was Bob's choice too, now he's at the unemployment offiice. Don't assume because he's "Bob's choice" that he won't dump him in a heartbeat. And according to the intereview with Krivksy, Baker was his choice, Bob just chose to go along for the ride.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  9. #23
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I think people are forgetting this is the same organization that canned Tony Perez after 44 games. If this year tanks, I would not be suprised to see Baker gone at the end of the year.
    Tony wasn't one of the highest paid managers in the sport. I can't see Bob eating that much money this soon.

    I'd say the watch begins at next year's ASB.

  10. #24
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Because he's not Walt's choice.
    No, but the owner was involved in that choice. Which brings up another interesting scenario....

    Why hire a manager, or allow your GM (Krivsky) to make such a choice (as Reds4Life states), pay him big money for a MLB manager (3yrs @ around 10 mil), when it now appears obvious that the owner was having huge doubts about his current GM (Krivsky) prior to even going into this season? Those had to exist prior to cause an owner to fire a guy 22 games into the new season. He has to have realized that if he replaces his GM, that new GM may want his guy in there as manager.

    Now if things don't work out between Jocketty and Baker, for whatever reasons, this owner has no one else but himself to blame for having to eating a 10 mil contract.

    I guess better foresight by this owner should have been utilized IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Krivksy was Bob's choice too, now he's at the unemployment offiice. Don't assume because he's "Bob's choice" that he won't dump him in a heartbeat. And according to the intereview with Krivksy, Baker was his choice, Bob just chose to go along for the ride.
    That is what is starting to concern me about this impetuous owner. When is he going to start being held accountable for his "choices"?
    Last edited by GAC; 05-03-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  11. #25
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,388

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    No, but he was the owner's choice. Which brings up another interesting scenario....
    According to Wayne Krivsky he was Wayne Krivsky's choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  12. #26
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I think people are forgetting this is the same organization that canned Tony Perez after 44 games. If this year tanks, I would not be suprised to see Baker gone at the end of the year.
    Truth.

  13. #27
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,110

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    According to Wayne Krivsky he was Wayne Krivsky's choice.
    Easy to ignore that when you're making a case for the owner's insanity. It's been mentioned a dozen times on here and no one comments. Why?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  14. #28
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Easy to ignore that when you're making a case for the owner's insanity. It's been mentioned a dozen times on here and no one comments. Why?
    I never said he was insane. Little bit of an overstatement on your part WV. Only that his impatience (which is not necessarily a virtue) seems to contributes to what many see as his impetuousness/rashness. But never insane. When does the "buck stop here" start to imply with this owner? It's been 2+ years for him too.

    It's pretty obvious that he was having misgivings about Krivsky's job performance over the off-season. It's not simply something that suddenly arose 3 weeks into the new season. I don't believe that for a second.

    If Krivsky was doing such an inept job, as many have implied over these last 2 years, then one has to also look at the individual who interviewed and hired the guy in the first place, and his judgment.

    But it may look then like Krivsky may have put the screws to Bob C once again if he was solely responsible for hiring Baker, and Baker does not work out. So that should make some happy. Every time Baker does something wrong, the anti-Krivsky people can trot out "it's all Wayne's fault" for the next 1-2-3 years, or however long Dusty is here.

    Again - are those that put Krivsky on such a short timetable going to start the clock and do the same with Jocketty?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  15. #29
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,110

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see no huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I never said he was insane. Little bit of an overstatement on your part WV. Only that his impatience (which is not necessarily a virtue) seems to contributes to what many see as his impetuousness/rashness. But never insane. When does the "buck stop here" start to imply with this owner? It's been 2+ years for him too.

    It's pretty obvious that he was having misgivings about Krivsky's job performance over the off-season. It's not simply something that suddenly arose 3 weeks into the new season. I don't believe that for a second.

    If Krivsky was doing such an inept job, as many have implied over these last 2 years, then one has to also look at the individual who interviewed and hired the guy in the first place, and his judgment.

    But it may look then like Krivsky may have put the screws to Bob C once again if he was solely responsible for hiring Baker, and Baker does not work out. So that should make some happy. Every time Baker does something wrong, the anti-Krivsky people can trot out "it's all Wayne's fault" for the next 1-2-3 years, or however long Dusty is here.

    Again - are those that put Krivsky on such a short timetable going to start the clock and do the same with Jocketty?
    First of all, that comment was not thrown at you. I was just commenting on 44's comment that Wayne has consistently mentioned that Dusty Baker was his choice. In fact, he's volunteered it. With all the talk about the offensive problems being Dusty's fault (and there is a little bit of truth in that), it's always mentioned that he is Castellini's man. Apparently he was also Krivsky's man. That isn't mentioned because that would paint some disfavor on Wayne, which many aren't willing to do. I find that interesting.

    Regardless, I think there is enough blame to go around between Castellini, Krivsky, Baker, and probably many others. If you look at this disfunctional team, you do have to wonder what any of them were thinking. Who assembled this mish-mash of improbable players?

    And I promise you this, if the Reds keep on losing and looking badly, you can bet I will be the first once to call for changes as I am now. I'm counting on Jocketty to make the roster better. If he fails, then I'll be on him. If Baker continues to run players out there who don't have a clue at the plate, I'll be upset. As I watch the game right now, Ryan Freel has made another base running blunder because he wasn't paying attention. He got to 3rd anyway, but he got lucky.

    The general philosophy we've all clamored for has been pitching and defense. Last night we got both and still lost. Paying attention to both sides of the equation is what I long for. It's something we haven't seen in a decade around here.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  16. #30
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    21,015

    Re: this losing keeps up, you wont see huge crowds other than the Boston series!!

    I think Bob is smart enough to realize that no manager would be able to take this poorly constructed roster and turn it into a winning team.

    Dusty is safe through this year, at bare minimum. Probably next year too.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25