Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Do yourselves a favor and listen to the best band in the world: http://www.bishopallen.com/music/Thi...MakeOfThem.mp3

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh, and get killed by catched: http://nerfherder.net/

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

ORH, I don't think we could ever live together.

Smooth jazz is something I need to write about in the "Things That Drive You Crazy" thread.

But the two people about 10 rows back who are the lone standing ovation-ers, that's classic.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    ORH, I don't think we could ever live together.

Smooth jazz is something I need to write about in the "Things That Drive You Crazy" thread.

But the two people about 10 rows back who are the lone standing ovation-ers, that's classic.
    That is a pretty funny video in parts.

My tastes run all over the place. I can listen to just about anything except a lot of modern pop, rap, and metal. Just about anything else goes. I have a hard time making up my mind.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Springsteen just put out a video for holloween on his website, http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seMBtD_zawI
    Last edited by klw; 10-31-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Good News for People Who Like Bad News by Modest Mouse
    Dookie by Green Day
    S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus
    Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins
    Appeal to Reason by Rise Against

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Good News for People Who Like Bad News by Modest Mouse
    Dookie by Green Day
    S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus
    Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins
    Appeal to Reason by Rise Against
    I have or had all these CDs at one time and enjoyed them all (but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. to a lesser degree than the others).

Anyone ever listen to Cold War Kids?

My nephew suggested I give them a go, so far all I've seen is the Youtube stuff.

Suggestions
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post

My nephew suggested I give them a go, so far all I've seen is the Youtube stuff.

Suggestions
    I have the CD. It's very good. If you like the first few songs of theirs that you've heard, then you probably like almost all their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I have or had all these CDs at one time and enjoyed them all (but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. to a lesser degree than the others).
    Yeah, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is easily my least favorite of that list other than Appeal to Reason. I have finally got my hands on Fungus Amongus in it's entirety and I'm devouring that. I definitely prefer the old Incubus (not that S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is all that comtemporary).

I am not too high on the new Rise Against album. More of the same to my ears. Am I missing something?

Dookie and Siamese Dream are easily among my 10 favorite albums of all, time, but Good News for People Who Like Bad News is probably my favorite album to listen to while I work on homework--another great album...
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 11-13-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yeah, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is easily my least favorite of that list other than Appeal to Reason. I have finally got my hands on Fungus Amongus in it's entirety and I'm devouring that. I definitely prefer the old Incubus (not that S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is all that comtemporary).

I am not too high on the new Rise Against album. More of the same to my ears. Am I missing something?

Dookie and Siamese Dream are easily among my 10 favorite albums of all, time, but Good News for People Who Like Bad News is probably my favorite album to listen to while I work on homework--another great album...
    Dookie and Siamese Dream are classics and two of the most important CDs of our generation.

As for the new Rise Against, I don't think you're missing anything--it's more of the same--just more polished. I appreciate the CD, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as Dookie, for example.

Picked up another CD at the library last week which looked interesting, and then I saw Norah Jones was one of the performers. It's a group called The Little Willies and it was just a group of friends who began playing together and ultimately recorded this album in 2006, mostly covers of some country or bluegrass music, but there's some original pieces on it. One is a funny song called "Lou Reed" about Lou Reed cowtipping. Nice little album and many of the cuts you wouldn't know it was Norah Jones.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post

Suggestions
    Redsfan,

I haven't heard more than a couple of tracks off of their second full album. The first single off of their latest is "tough to listen too." It's one of those that repeat the same thing over and over. Which can be a good thing, if that one thing was pleasing to listen to. It's not. However, the second single is much better and akin to their first CD, which is probably my favorite disc of 2007.

I would suggest their first full length, it is very solid tracks 1-9 or so. It falls off after that though. Very innovative band that doesn't sound like much else. Highly reccomend downloading songs "Hospital Beds, Saint John, and Tell Me in the Morning.

High five!

This made my week:

Pete Drake

A good 15-20 years before Peter Frampton and Roger Troutman.

Turn Off Ads?