Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Led Zeppelin
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Led Zeppelin

That's so... mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Seriosuly guys, Canadian band Mother Mother merits your valuable time to listen too. There are like nothing that you've ever heard. Kind of hard to explain, but it's like an infusion of rock, folk, and maybe other stuff too. It's weird, but one of the few bands I could listen to over and over without getting the least bit tired.

Zoinks!

The new Alice Cooper, Along Came A Spider.

Within Temptation, which Facebook insisted I would like (and I do).

Exodus - Bonded by Blood

Very unknown but very good IMO: Egypt Central, One Lone Car
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Rich Mullins, The World As Best As I Remember It, Volume 1. One of my all time favorite albums.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one on here who has that CD, or has ever heard of Rich Mullins.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one on here who has that CD, or has ever heard of Rich Mullins.
    I did a presentation on Rich Mullins last year for a Technical Writing class at Miami U.

I didn't know who he was until I started doing the research (our professor gave us the topics), but once I did I felt stupid for not knowing who he was. I guess he's a guy who everybody knows, but not many people realize that they know him.

When I started the presentation in class, nobody in the class knew who he was either, then I mentioned that he wrote "My God is an Awesome God" and everyone sort of went "oh, that guy!".

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Within Temptation, which Facebook insisted I would like (and I do).
    How does this Facebook thing work?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    How does this Facebook thing work?
    Targeted advertising based on the information you enter in your profile, I believe. This was probably the only time I've ever intentionally clicked on an internet ad.

Three bands with "Tigers" in the name:

Actual Tigers - No longer together and put out only one album. Tim Seely from the band has a solo album.

The Republic Tigers - Especially the song "Buildings and Mountains"

Miniature Tigers - Catchy little tune called "Cannibal Queen"
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I did a presentation on Rich Mullins last year for a Technical Writing class at Miami U.

I didn't know who he was until I started doing the research (our professor gave us the topics), but once I did I felt stupid for not knowing who he was. I guess he's a guy who everybody knows, but not many people realize that they know him.

When I started the presentation in class, nobody in the class knew who he was either, then I mentioned that he wrote "My God is an Awesome God" and everyone sort of went "oh, that guy!".
    I knew Rich from a while back. He used to be a youth pastor in Erlanger, KY before he made it in music. He also attended Cincinnati Bible College for a while.

He was a brilliant musician and songwriter, but the quirkiest oddball you would ever meet. He would often come on stage for concerts barefoot and wearing torn jeans. He was the rare person who never got an ego when his music got popular. I think he was somewhat embarrassed by the attention.

It's now been 11 years since he died and I still miss him more than any other person I wasn't related to, but he left a lot of good music behind and a pretty lasting legacy.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Hayes Carll

I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Kings of Leon's new CD is decent, but I'm still in love with the CD featuring this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzDSmav0NM

Turn Off Ads?