Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Chris Cornell - acoustic.

What a phenomenal voice he has. If anyone knows of a better voice in his genre I'd love to hear it because I don't his can be topped right now.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nine Inch Nails discography on shuffle. Pretty much all I listen to.

I'm digging up an ancient song here, but it's one you may not have heard. It's called "The Future is not What it Used to be." It's originally by Micky Newberry, but this one is by Ronnie Milsap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEwtbxd0Z6M

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Currently listening to "The Republic Tigers" -- they were the free download on iTunes a few weeks back, and I gave them a chance.

Their stuff is really good.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Hey college students, ever heard of Ruckus? They have 2.5 million songs in their library and they all can be downloaded for FREE. They aren't in .mp3 format so you can't take them with you but as long as you have an university email account you can sign up. I started using it yesterday and I already have 200 downloads. Now you can try listening to all the stuff mentioned in this thread! Just google "Ruckus download"...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hey college students, ever heard of Ruckus? They have 2.5 million songs in their library and they all can be downloaded for FREE. They aren't in .mp3 format so you can't take them with you but as long as you have an university email account you can sign up. I started using it yesterday and I already have 200 downloads. Now you can try listening to all the stuff mentioned in this thread! Just google "Ruckus download"...
    Us nerds know ways around that....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Us nerds know ways around that....
    And I'm sures it's perfectly legal...

Ruckus looks like it's best feature is that it's free to students (giving the owners a HUGE target market for their ad based revenue model)

# Pricing: Free to all students with a valid .edu email address. $8.99/month for alumni and college faculty.
    # Platform(s): Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista only.
    # Downloading: Yes.
    # Burning/Copying: No.
    # Streaming: Streaming video content on Ruckus TV. No streaming music content.
    # Format: Protected Windows Media Audio (WMA) and Windows Media Video (WMV) format.
    # Digital restrictions: No burning to compact discs. Limited player support. Files contain embedded licenses that must be renewed periodically.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Right now?

a printer printing

Tim Wilson who is a hilarious comedian if you like sort of redneck type comedy, (I know who doesn't). A couple of my favorites of his are, 1st Baptist bar & grill, If you try to save this Marriage again.., Chucky Cheese Hell and Jeff Gordon's... just to name a few.

As far as music lately I have been listening to some Seether, Disturbed, Stemm etc. I guess one would call that Alternative Metal.

I also like hip/hop-rap. T-Pain, Ludacris & a little LL.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

What am I NOT listening to?

Lil' Wayne.

His "voice" annoys the everliving crap out of me. How he became the most successful member of "The Hot Boyz," I'll never know.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Chris Cornell - acoustic.

What a phenomenal voice he has. If anyone knows of a better voice in his genre I'd love to hear it because I don't his can be topped right now.
    I agree, awesome singer. Huge range. Wish he would get with a band again and stay together this time.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

The talk on Hayden and his family group, I was surprised when I got my copy of Bass Player in the mail, for the November edition he was the featured artist. Talked about the group, it was a good article.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What am I NOT listening to?

Lil' Wayne.

His "voice" annoys the everliving crap out of me. How he became the most successful member of "The Hot Boyz," I'll never know.
    I agree, he's perhaps the worst succesful rapper of all time. My younger brother keeps telling me how Lil Wayne is the best current rapper and of course I scoff. Give me Nas or Ludacris easy amongst pretty much any rapper over him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Seriously? Wow. They're decent albums, but come on. Have you tried Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Ride the Lightning, or the Black album? If not listen to them, they all blow Load and Reload out of the water.

I just bought Death Magnetic today and I'm looking forward to listening to it.

I'm currently listening to the new Kings of Leon songs. I'm liking it. Their new cd comes out on Tuesday. I'll be buying that one too.
    I agree whole heartedly in fact I gotta be honest I haven't listened much to their new stuff. My favorite is Ride the Lightning followed by And Justice for all, Black and Master of Puppets. I did like the Bob Seger re-make they had though for one of their new albums, Turn the Page. But I just can't get over the awesomeness of For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black and Ride the Lightning. Like you said in a later post it's like a Metal symphony.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?