Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I agree, he's perhaps the worst succesful rapper of all time. My younger brother keeps telling me how Lil Wayne is the best current rapper and of course I scoff. Give me Nas or Ludacris easy amongst pretty much any rapper over him.
    I was actually listening to "Illmatic" today walking in from work -- an album I'd probably have to put in my Top-25 of all time, regardless of genre. Nas really is a genius.

Instead of "Represent" and "New York State of Mind" we get "Lollipop" and songs about hitting on female cops who pull you over.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just listened to the new Kings of Leon CD last night. It's solid. I like their sound. And Caleb's voice is perfect for their band.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Just listened to the new Kings of Leon CD last night. It's solid. I like their sound. And Caleb's voice is perfect for their band.
    I was disappointed, but it's not a horrible CD. I think it's their worst yet, though.

fIREHOSE, Tantric, and 311...

I'll be surprised if more than a few people know of the album I'm listening to at the moment.

Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'll be surprised if more than a few people know of the album I'm listening to at the moment.

Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley
    I have Kyuss' entire discography, and I guarantee you that at least a few of us are very familiar with Kyuss. A lot of people on this site have surprisingly good taste in music. There are people from RedsZone who knew more about good music than anyone on a lot of message boards that focus solely on music.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I have Kyuss' entire discography, and I guarantee you that at least a few of us are very familiar with Kyuss. A lot of people on this site have surprisingly good taste in music. There are people from RedsZone who knew more about good music than anyone on a lot of message boards that focus solely on music.
    Make no mistake, I'm not saying there isn't great music taste (and I've never been one to assume my taste is better than anyone else's if they choose to listen to something I don't) on this board. Judging by the "band of the aughts" thread I can tell there definitely is.

I just figured very few people would be familiar with Kyuss mainly because in my everyday life, I've ran into, maybe 3 or 4, except for when I'm at QOTSA show or something like that.

I also have their entire discography, except for the legendary "Sons of Kyuss" that is sort of like a unicorn as far as being able to find it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    fIREHOSE, Tantric, and 311...
    I saw the following show in 1992 at the Greek Theater

firehose
    Cracker
    Primus

Watt came out and played with Primus it was HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I saw the following show in 1992 at the Greek Theater

firehose
    Cracker
    Primus

Watt came out and played with Primus it was HUGE.
    If I could go back in time and see any show it would be Lollapalooza 1993...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    If I could go back in time and see any show it would be Lollapalooza 1993...
    That was a good one, 91 was rawer and 92 fuzzier, the Beasties in 94 stole the show.

Has anybody ever heard of this band Terrorvision from England? It's very good; I would recommend it. I read they were pretty big over in England but never really transferred to the States...
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 10-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.

If anybody watched Family Guy Sunday, you will get this reference:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That was a good one, 91 was rawer and 92 fuzzier, the Beasties in 94 stole the show.
    1994 was best: Flaming Lips, Palace Brothers, GBV in one afternoon--and I didn't have to move an inch. Heaven.

1993's big-stage performances were weak and the second stage kind of bit it.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    1994 was best: Flaming Lips, Palace Brothers, GBV in one afternoon--and I didn't have to move an inch. Heaven.

1993's big-stage performances were weak and the second stage kind of bit it.
    They all looked great; I was tempted to say 92 just to see the Chili Peppers in their prime, but I think they would have been without Frusciante, so I went with the year headlined by my second favorite band, Primus. 93 had Primus, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Tool, and Rage Against the Machine on the main stage. What's not to love?

I am currently listening to the Ron and Fez replay on XM202 (Satellite Radio).
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?