Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Uhm, so...

I know I'm late to the party and all.. But I'm in a rut, poor in this economy, and just had a lot of tragedies that haven't allowed me to be me, so to speak...

But I just found kings of Leon.. Thanks quite a bit to this thread(the multiple mentions by many multiple posters), and a catching an SNL appearance by luck... And then not being able to get them out of my head.

I've only listened to "Only by the night" but wow, what a great album.
    That's actually my least favorite album of theirs, although it's not bad. You should really get ahold of the rest of their stuff because it's much better in my opinion. Good luck with everything, and I hope the music helps you cope.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's actually my least favorite album of theirs, although it's not bad. You should really get ahold of the rest of their stuff because it's much better in my opinion. Good luck with everything, and I hope the music helps you cope.
    I agree 100%. It's far and away their worst album, imo. The creativity and originality of their first 3 albums just isn't there. The previous 3 are phenomenal. Download as much as you can Cincyco. You'll love'em. And good luck!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Albums from the last few days:

Korn by Korn
    Elegante by Yummy
    Freaky Styley by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Mr. Bungle by Mr. Bungle
    Kerplunk by Green Day

Last night I 'discovered' Kyuss and, subsequently, Queens of the Stone Age. I don't know how I have passed these guys up!
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 01-30-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Marcus Miller
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

In my opinion, not as good as Strawberry Jam, but still an excellent album. The new album seems to be garnering some serious acclaim and support. It's being played everywhere in Portland. Two weeks before the album actually came out, I heard the album in a bar, in a car at a stop light, and another apartment in my building. I think it may have the potential to be one of the great albums of our generation, signaling, perhaps even, a newfound public acceptence of electronic music.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Last night I 'discovered' Kyuss and, subsequently, Queens of the Stone Age. I don't know how I have passed these guys up!
    I know lots of people who claim to be die-hard QotSA fans and have never even heard of Kyuss. It makes me facepalm. Anyway, Kyuss are legends.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

In my opinion, not as good as Strawberry Jam, but still an excellent album. The new album seems to be garnering some serious acclaim and support. It's being played everywhere in Portland. Two weeks before the album actually came out, I heard the album in a bar, in a car at a stop light, and another apartment in my building. I think it may have the potential to be one of the great albums of our generation, signaling, perhaps even, a newfound public acceptence of electronic music.
    If any album is released this year that is better than MPP, than this will be a truly legendary year of releases.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I know lots of people who claim to be die-hard QotSA fans and have never even heard of Kyuss. It makes me facepalm. Anyway, Kyuss are legends.
    Their music is hard to find (I'm sure you have Blues for the Red Sun ) unfortunately so I have to resort to mostly QotSA...

Their music is hard to find (I'm sure you have Blues for the Red Sun ) unfortunately so I have to resort to mostly QotSA...
    I'll upload some stuff for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

I've tried to listen to this album a few times...but I'm just not getting it. Enough people love it that I realize it's not that it is not good...just it's not my style.

I love Fleet Foxes though...what a breath of fresh air if you ask me.

Dido - Safe Trup Home

love Dido.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

The Black Keys. If you like the White Stripes you will like The Black Keys...

The Black Keys. If you like the White Stripes you will like The Black Keys...
    This past weekend at the SGH, I might have seen the best all-local lineup in recent history. The Sundresses, Pearlene, and The Buffalo Killers did an AIDS awareness benefit, and each band was incredible. Anyway, if you're a fan of The White Stripes and/or The Black Keys, you should definitely check out the bands from the show. Also, a couple more Cincinnati bands in the same vein I recommend are The Heartless Bastards (with whom I've toured--they were on Letterman a couple nights ago, too) and The Greenhornes. The bassist and drummer of The Greenhornes have done a lot of projects with Jack White. Oh, and another band to check out is The Soledad Brothers. I could go on . . .

They call me "chef"

After a looong 2 years John Vanderslice is back with a new album, Romanian Names (out in May). Here is a song from that record, as performed by Mr. Vanderslice and a 30-piece orchestra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBiCGzXxLQU

Here is a higher quality version:

Turn Off Ads?