Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Fairies Wear Boots

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    This past weekend at the SGH, I might have seen the best all-local lineup in recent history. The Sundresses, Pearlene, and The Buffalo Killers did an AIDS awareness benefit, and each band was incredible. Anyway, if you're a fan of The White Stripes and/or The Black Keys, you should definitely check out the bands from the show. Also, a couple more Cincinnati bands in the same vein I recommend are The Heartless Bastards (with whom I've toured--they were on Letterman a couple nights ago, too) and The Greenhornes. The bassist and drummer of The Greenhornes have done a lot of projects with Jack White. Oh, and another band to check out is The Soledad Brothers. I could go on . . .

Oh man, I'm disappointed I missed this one. I saw the Buffalo Killers open for the Black Keys out in Philadelphia last Spring, and both were quite fantastic, and I've liked what I've heard from Pearlene. I picked up the new release from The Heartless Bastards, The Mountain, today -- in addition to the new solo album from Dan Auerbach (lead singer from the Black Keys), Keep it Hid, so those are what I'm listening to now. So far, so good with both of them.

Keane - perfect symmetry - another brilliant album IMO. They have yet to disaspoint.

Kaiser chiefs - off with their heads - much better than their sophmore effort.

We are scientists - crap attack - I can't put this album down, its been on my playlist for a good half year or more now.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Black Lips - 200 Million Thousand
    Television - Marquee Moon
    Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded

Its been awhile since I've listened to Marquee Moon so I kind of forgot just how much I love it, it almost feels like my first listen again.

Marquee Moon is one of the best albums ever made. I'm elated every time I rediscover it.

Music news for European RedsZoners:

Faith No More are to reunite, Mike Patton has announced. Only he's not making much of a fuss about it.

Last year's rumours were confirmed in a statement released this week by Patton's publicist.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...e-reunion-tour

Fantastic.. Patton is awesome!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I've been listening to a lot of ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead lately. Their new disc isn't so great, but it got me in the mood to listen to their older stuff again. I also can't stop listening to Titus Andronicus' The Airing of Grievances, which reminds me a lot of Desaparecidos or a harder, rockier version of Bright Eyes. I think a lot of people here would enjoy it.

Marquee Moon is one of the best albums ever made. I'm elated every time I rediscover it.
    Great, great album.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Icky Thump by The White Stripes
    Gish by Smashing Pumpkins
    Sailing the Seas of Cheese by Primus
    S.C.I.E.C.E. by Incubus (growing on me big time after I learned to fully appreciate Fungus Amongus)
    Sixteen Stone by Bush

High five!

Pretty cool thread. Here are the songs I worked on this month:

"Gives You Hell" - All American Rejects
    "I Don't Care" - Fall Out Boy
    "Brick" - Ben Folds

BTW, I just heard the original version of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. Eighties extravaganza! I'm surprised it inspired Jeff Buckley's sublime take.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Pretty cool thread. Here are the songs I worked on this month:

"Gives You Hell" - All American Rejects
    "I Don't Care" - Fall Out Boy
    "Brick" - Ben Folds

BTW, I just heard the original version of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. Eighties extravaganza! I'm surprised it inspired Jeff Buckley's sublime take.
    Just curious Nate: what do you mean by 'work on'? I know you have a jazz background and I was wondering how that leads someone to 'work on' the All-American Rejects or Fall Out Boy...

I only have a 4 gig ipod at the moment, so there isn't a lot of room for while albums. Marquee Moon is one of the few whole albums I keep on there.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Just curious Nate: what do you mean by 'work on'? I know you have a jazz background and I was wondering how that leads someone to 'work on' the All-American Rejects or Fall Out Boy...
    I have a gig where I do full transcriptions of songs each month.

It keeps me off the streets and out of gangs!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I have a gig where I do full transcriptions of songs each month.

It keeps me off the streets and out of gangs!
    Cool.

Are those currently popular songs? I'm 18 and I honestly don't know if those are currently the hit pop songs or not!

Turn Off Ads?