Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I can't get enough of The Avett Brothers' new album. I'm also listening to a lot of Devendra Banhart (great songwriter), Extra Golden (if you like a combination of African and American music, this is great stuff), Drummer (playing at the SGH in January--I've got some good stories about them), La Roux (one of the best pop albums of the year), The Reatards (one of the most underrated bands of my generation imo), The Swell Season (have you seen the movie Once? it's the band from that movie), and Wolfmother (they've been playing with The Heartless Bastards, who I toured with, and their new album is excellent).
    I used to think I had a pretty good take on your tastes, but Wolfmother doesn't seem to fit at all...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I used to think I had a pretty good take on your tastes, but Wolfmother doesn't seem to fit at all...
    I've listened to two of their albums. The new one is excellent, but the one before it was just decent imo.

I don't really have a favorite genre that I listen to. In my car, I usually listen to bluegrass, but if you look on my iPod, you can find Kanye West, Mastodon, Roy Orbison, Girl Talk, Shellac, Dead Boys, Dashboard Confessional, BLK JKS, Pixies, Metallica, American Analog Set, Manu Chao, Liars, Wu-Tang Clan, Babatunde Olatunji, Bob Dylan, Tenacious D, Melvins, Nerf Herder, Built to Spill, and a bunch of other stuff that spans across nearly every genre there is. It's just really hard to put a label on my music taste other than 'good'.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 12-12-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
    this is definitely not an album i would think to see here.

how did you get into Sepultura? i got into them from my older brother and his friends listening to "Roots Bloody Roots" incessently during a the summer of 98.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hwx0tmbLHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 12-13-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    this is definitely not an album i would think to see here.

how did you get into Sepultura? i got into them from my older brother and his friends listening to "Roots Bloody Roots" incessently during a the summer of 98.
    I found them through a BMX video in 1999. Was really into them for a few years. Still give them a listen every now and again if I am in a certain kind of mood.

Buddy of mine recommended them some time back, gave them a quick listen and really wasn't a huge fan at first. Now after listening to them for a while I'd say their top albums are arguably the best in the genre. Favorite song right now is "Inner Self", love that intro.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 12-13-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    I recently discovered that the White Stripes are very, very good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OjTspCqvk8

I recently discovered The White Stripes are very, very good 5 years ago.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I recently discovered The White Stripes are very, very good 5 years ago.
    What can I say, I'm slow. I just recently discovered this one group called The Beatles, anybody know anything about them?

i think this might be one of the happiest and most mournful songs i've ever heard, and i have no idea what the lyrics are in English.

Ólavur Riddararós "Olav Knighthorse"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggIxM42ptiA
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Roseanne Cash's "The List" Very nice, with an impressive guest list (Springsteen, Jeff Tweedy, Rufus Wainwright, Neko Case, Elvis Costello.)
    Last edited by tixe; 12-20-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Arcade Fire - Funeral. I have to thank the Dan Patrick show for reminding me of this album. On his program they all sing along to Wake Up towards the end of Friday shows, it's actually kind of amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    I recently discovered that the White Stripes are very, very good.
    Jack White is a national treasure. I'd forsake my first born for a new White Stripes album that he sticks with the guitar.

I can't get enough Band of Horses. Cease to Begin and Everything All the Time (two fantastic album titles) may be two of my favorite albums of the aughts.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 01-29-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Maybe my favorite acoustic performance ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAz0-...ayer_embedded#
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Eddie Vedder's cover of "My City of Ruin" from the Kennedy Center Honors is amazing. Currently available as an iTunes download, with proceeds going to the children of Haiti.

Turn Off Ads?