Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Superfast Jellyfish is currently my favorite track.
    I was just about to post that. It's quirky but I love it. There are a few songs on that album that are quickly climbing my 'most played' list.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

I love this album and go through long stretches of forgetting about it. Why oh why? It makes a day so funky.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

The National's High Violet

Shouldn't a few members on here be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I just bought their new album -- the first single "Stylo" starts off like it's going to be fantastic, then some guy just starts screaming over the track in the middle. It almost made me angry that they were ruining a really cool beat and a really good song otherwise.

Rest of the album is pretty darn good. I'm a big "Gorillaz" fan, though.
    I saw them last night. They were pretty good.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Just got back from Coachella.

Lots' of good music but extremely poorly run.

I saw..

LCD Soundsystem
    Vampire Weekend
    Jay Z
    Camera Obscura
    Beach House
    Edward Sharpe
    The xx
    Muse
    De la Soul
    Matt & Kim
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Spoon
    Phoenix
    Pavement
    Gorillas
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

I saw..

LCD Soundsystem
    Vampire Weekend
    Jay Z
    Camera Obscura
    Beach House
    Edward Sharpe
    The xx
    Muse
    De la Soul
    Matt & Kim
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Spoon
    Phoenix
    Pavement
    Gorillas
    I'd love to hear what your favorites were? Least favorites? I'm really digging Muse right now. Are they good live? I liked Spoon until I saw them live...very weak. I'd love to see the Gorillaz as well.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

The best song on the Gorillaz CD is the one with Lou Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'd love to hear what your favorites were? Least favorites? I'm really digging Muse right now. Are they good live? I liked Spoon until I saw them live...very weak. I'd love to see the Gorillaz as well.
    My favorites were Pavement, Spoon, Phoenix and Matt & Kim. I've seen Spoon 6 or 7 times, a couple of times which were very flat. They were better yesterday than any time I've ever seen them. Pavement was just a sloppy blissful trip back to the 90's and I loved it. Phoenix is a very good live band and Matt & Kim could power a large city on their enthusiasm.

As for Muse, I'm not terribly familiar with them and not a huge fan but I walked away really really impressed. Their singer/guitar play is very talented. He was tearing it up on his guitar. If you're a fan I think you'd probably be really pleased.

I'd have to say that Muse and Gorillas were my least favorites bit they both did really put on a good show.

Jay Z put on an amazing show, with Beyonce coming out to sing the last song.

I only saw a few De La Soul songs because of conflicts but they had a full band with a horn section and I wish I'd been able to see more of them.

I also saw about a third of B.o.B. and thought they were really good too.

All in all, nobody I saw fell flat on their face, or even close, although the 2 or 3 songs I saw by Les Claypool seemed a little weak.
    Last edited by pedro; 04-19-2010 at 10:52 PM.

I forgot to mention that LCD Soundsystem was incredible and I'm psyched that I'm going to see them again next month.

The new disc from The Classic Crime has been on constant repeat-o since release for me. I can't get enough of them. They're building quite the awesome little library.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Based on all the chatter about them on this thread, I checked out Gorillaz on youtube. Believe it or not, I consider myself to be somewhat of a music aficionado and I knew little to nothing about them. I was sold after "stylo." Loved it. Clint Eastwood is my second fave so far.

As far as concerts go, I have tickets to see David Gray in a week and I am going to see Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 next month. Can't wait.

Thanks, all, for turning me on to the Gorillaz.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEsolutely View Post
    The new disc from The Classic Crime has been on constant repeat-o since release for me. I can't get enough of them. They're building quite the awesome little library.

Great CD.

The CD that I have really been looking forward to is released today. Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive. I pre-ordered it and am getting the CD, Vinyl, and a Shirt today. I'm pretty stoked for that. When you pre-ordered you received a digital copy that was released last week and I have played the heck out of it. It is absolutely amazing.

The other CD I can't wait to get is Punk Goes Classic Rock. I know, its cheesy, but I absolutely love The Almost's cover of Free Fallin.' If you haven't heard it, you should go listen to it on Purevolume or Myspace. I may end up buying that CD for just one song, its that good.

In other music, Underoath will have no remaining original members. Aaron Gillespie has left the band. I've loved Underoath since I first heard Act of Depression and there has been a lot of change in the band over the years. Should be interesting to see where they go if anywhere from here. Starting to sound like they cycle of Zao, another metal band I love.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 04-20-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

I saw..

LCD Soundsystem
    Vampire Weekend
    Jay Z
    Camera Obscura
    Beach House
    Edward Sharpe
    The xx
    Muse
    De la Soul
    Matt & Kim
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Spoon
    Phoenix
    Pavement
    Gorillas

Well I'm pretty envious, that looks like a fun weekend. Who did you have to choose to bump MGMT from the list?

As for Muse, I'm not terribly familiar with them and not a huge fan but I walked away really really impressed. Their singer/guitar play is very talented. He was tearing it up on his guitar. If you're a fan I think you'd probably be really pleased.
    I agree on Muse. Before I saw them live I hadn't really heard much of their music, but IMO they put on an incredible live show and that sold me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well I'm pretty envious, that looks like a fun weekend. Who did you have to choose to bump MGMT from the list?

I agree on Muse. Before I saw them live I hadn't really heard much of their music, but IMO they put on an incredible live show and that sold me.
    I saw Muse open up for the Foo Fighters and R.H.C.P.

They were the best live act and that was years ago.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?