Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

I've been really liking Ben Folds and Nick Horny's Lonely Avenue.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Any thoughts on the new Sufjan Stevens (Age of Adz)? I hated it at first, but after hearing the backstory about the crazy artist the songs are about, it's growing on me.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Muse! They are everything that is right about rock and roll. Groups like this don't come around often. If you don't believe me, check out "Resistance", "Uprising" and for something completely different (and cool) their cover of "Feeling Good". I don't understand how anyone who likes rock music, couldn't like Muse. Opinions and feed back appreciated.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    recently discovered Grace Potter and The Nocturnals. Amazing group...
    I just saw the Avett Brothers with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals opening for them in Charlottesville, VA. What an unbelievable show; both bands practically set that place on fire. I was blown away, blown I tell you.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Muse! They are everything that is right about rock and roll. Groups like this don't come around often. If you don't believe me, check out "Resistance", "Uprising" and for something completely different (and cool) their cover of "Feeling Good". I don't understand how anyone who likes rock music, couldn't like Muse. Opinions and feed back appreciated.
    I'm not a big fan. A little over dramatic for my tastes. I have seen them live though and they are quite a good band. Just not my thing.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Too much reliance on effects and flair. I like down n dirty rock n roll.

( like a handful of songs on each of their first four albums)

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    2010 releases I've been into:

Of the Blue Colour of the Sky by OK Go
    Astro Coast by Surfer Blood
    Diamond Eyes by Deftones
    Stuck on Nothing by Free Energy (thanks, camisa)
    a new Primus EP
    Personal Life by The Thermals
    Majesty Shredding by Superchunk
    Thanks for the list. This will keep me busy for a while. Does the Primus EP have a title?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Thanks for the list. This will keep me busy for a while. Does the Primus EP have a title?
    June 2010 Rehearsal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2010_Rehearsal

My tastes are kinda all over the place, but as somebody mentioned earlier the Surfer Blood album is really good and probably my favorite of the year. I'd start there. The Thermals are really good too...

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I've been really liking Ben Folds and Nick Horny's Lonely Avenue.
    LOL. It's Nick Hornby .. even though he may be what you wrote.

I'm also listening to (and liking) the Hold Steady's album that came out earlier this year.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I just saw the Avett Brothers with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals opening for them in Charlottesville, VA. What an unbelievable show; both bands practically set that place on fire. I was blown away, blown I tell you.
    I'm seeing Grace Potter and the Nocturnals tomorrow night in Columbus. I haven't been this excited about a concert in a long time...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm seeing Grace Potter and the Nocturnals tomorrow night in Columbus. I haven't been this excited about a concert in a long time...
    Anybody see Saturday's Grace Potter/Avett Brothers Huntington concert? I'm a bit upset I couldn't make it. Seems to be the story these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The song "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time...go check it out, NSFW lyrics. It's glorious.
    A friend of mine turned me onto Mumford & Sons here recently. I absolutely love the album. Love their use of several different instruments that most bands won't go near.

Just started listening to "The Black Keys".I don't know how long they've been around but it seems like they have a pretty good number of songs out there.Can't believe it's taken me so long to find these guys but I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Just started listening to "The Black Keys".I don't know how long they've been around but it seems like they have a pretty good number of songs out there.Can't believe it's taken me so long to find these guys but I highly recommend.
    The Black Keys rock! I saw them at The Fillmore in Detroit over the summer and they kicked ass.

They're debut came out in 2002 and they've had six albums plus several EPs/collaborations/solo stuff. They released Brothers earlier this year and I recommend it, although their earlier albums, most especially Rubber Factory, are the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    LOL. It's Nick Hornby .. even though he may be what you wrote.

I'm also listening to (and liking) the Hold Steady's album that came out earlier this year.
    haha, didn't even notice I forgot the b.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?