Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: What am I listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    My favorite Slayer tune at the moment.
    The whole "Seasons in the Abyss" CD rocks. Dead Skin Mask, title song, Expendable Youth, Figure in Black...

Been a long time... but now you got me looking for it to put in the car.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The new Decemberists album is as good as everyone says it is.

Colin has finally stepped back up to the plate, IMO.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The new Decemberists album is as good as everyone says it is.

Colin has finally stepped back up to the plate, IMO.
    here's a link to them playing it live in the public radio studio here in portland.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/20/133026...d?sc=fb&cc=fmp
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    The whole "Seasons in the Abyss" CD rocks. Dead Skin Mask, title song, Expendable Youth, Figure in Black...

Oh no doubt, great album, definitely right up there as one of their best. My personal favorite is "Hell Awaits", just solid as can be, no filler whatsoever.

So I was watching a concert on Palladia just now. It was MTV World Stage: Smashing Pumpkins in Mexico City. It's been a long time since I've seen them live so I thought it would be cool. And it was really good....for a while.

Billy is out for the first encore and is about a minute into Disarm when these Mexican wrestlers, akin to their version of WWE, come out and do a whole skit with Billy. Fake fight and all. Very, very cheesy. I wouldn't have thought that a band like the Smashing Pumpkins would need to put something like that into their shows. They finished strong though, the full band came back out and rocked Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So I was watching a concert on Palladia just now. It was MTV World Stage: Smashing Pumpkins in Mexico City. It's been a long time since I've seen them live so I thought it would be cool. And it was really good....for a while.

Billy is out for the first encore and is about a minute into Disarm when these Mexican wrestlers, akin to their version of WWE, come out and do a whole skit with Billy. Fake fight and all. Very, very cheesy. I wouldn't have thought that a band like the Smashing Pumpkins would need to put something like that into their shows. They finished strong though, the full band came back out and rocked Zero.
    Where have you been at for the past 10 years? Billy is beyond insane and has done far crazier things than this stupid stunt.

I say this with a hint of anger for how bad he ruined his legacy. Sadly if he had died in 1995 he might have been considered one of the greatest rock musicians of all time.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Exodus - Bonded by Blood. Great album.

I got to hear the whole album live in October. It was awesome! Although, I don't think they should've been headlining that night.
    Let's make some noise!

New Fleet Foxes song, "Helplessness Blues"....effortlessly great vocals. Fantastic song.

YouTube - Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (Studio Version)

Quote Originally Posted by MilotheMayor View Post
    New Fleet Foxes song, "Helplessness Blues"....effortlessly great vocals. Fantastic song.

YouTube - Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (Studio Version)
    They're good. They remind me of Simon and Garfunkel. I had never heard of them. Thanks for sharing!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Going retro--well, sort of. Last night I downloaded Springsteen's 'The Promise' and John Legend & The Roots 'Wake Up'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Exodus - Bonded by Blood. Great album.
    Baloff slept in Westofyou's bed onetime when Westofyou was out of town.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Baloff slept in Westofyou's bed onetime when Westofyou was out of town.
    Bang your head against the stage...

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Awesome album, but right now I'm listening to something a little (lot) less metal: Shinedown. Good straight forward rock-n-roll. I love that stuff.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I ran across that video a few months ago, before I'd even heard of the band, and it blew me away. Like Johnny Footstool said, the whole album is amazing. I saw them play at the 9:30 Club in DC; what a fantastic show.
    Bought the Mumford and Sons cd today. You guys are spot on, they're absolutely fantastic. Crazy good.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Turn Off Ads?