Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue/Newport Area

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue/Newport Area

Anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Bellevue/Newport area?
    If so, what did you think about it? Does the TANK shuttle run from there to the ballpark?
    We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in Newport before, and in looking at the map, the Holiday Inn Express seems to be pretty close by. I remember that the TANK shuttle did run from the Comfort Inn to GABP.
    Any info would help---trying to make a decision to book a room in the next few days for an early July trip to Cincy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue/Newport Area

Ask RBA about his Newport Travelodge trip. You'll be glad you did.

Didn't there used to be a water taxi from Newport on the Levee to downtown Cincinnati?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Didn't there used to be a water taxi from Newport on the Levee to downtown Cincinnati?
    Yes, but I don't know if it still operates. From the Newport side, it docked at the Beer Seller/Hooters.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

It DOESN'T still operate. I just received an email reply from B and B Riverboats, who said they have not provided that service for about 4 years now.

Bummer.

I guess we'll be exploring the TANK option.

I took a water taxi, don't know who the operator was, but it was definately last year. It left from the dock downstairs of Beer Seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Ask RBA about his Newport Travelodge trip. You'll be glad you did.
    A bunch of us used the Travelodge for a bachelor party weekend (bar in Newport, Reds game, followed by a trip to the Hofbrauhaus).

Interesting night. I probably wouldn't take the wife and kids to the Travelodge.

Somewhat nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser View Post
    Anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Bellevue/Newport area?
    If so, what did you think about it? Does the TANK shuttle run from there to the ballpark?
    We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in Newport before, and in looking at the map, the Holiday Inn Express seems to be pretty close by. I remember that the TANK shuttle did run from the Comfort Inn to GABP.
    Any info would help---trying to make a decision to book a room in the next few days for an early July trip to Cincy.
    They just built that holiday inn, it's close to some decent places to eat and yes the TANK Shuttle picks up right there.

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    A bunch of us used the Travelodge for a bachelor party weekend (bar in Newport, Reds game, followed by a trip to the Hofbrauhaus).

Interesting night. I probably wouldn't take the wife and kids to the Travelodge.

Somewhat nasty.
    It's getting bulldozed in the near future, an Uncle of mine was propositioned there, lovely place that doesn't match its surroundings.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?