Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man movie looks KICK ASS - Link to trailer

Iron Man movie looks KICK ASS - Link to trailer

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/trailers.php

This movie looks like it is going to be absolutely amazing. Favreau is a good director, as well.

This is an AWESOME trailer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Iron Man movie looks KICK ASS - Link to trailer

Talk about getting the casting right for this movie.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'm hoping they come out with a new trailer soon. That being said, Downey is perfect for the role of Tony Stark.

That and The Dark Knight are going to be the two movies I see this summer for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The soundtrack alone makes it worth it.

Just got back from Opening Night.

This is the best Marvel movie I have seen in a long time. Definitely makes up for the lackluster Spiderman 3 and Silver Surfer movies last year.

I didn't stay for it since I got out at like 12:30, but there is a scene after the credits where Tony meets with Nick Fury(Samuel L Jackson) who introduces the idea of the Avengers.

Best superhero movie I have seen since Batman Begins. The Incredible Hulk looks like it will be good too.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They call me "chef"

Probably the most entertaining super hero movie ever made. I thought the pacing & "bright" look of the film were perfect and something not achieved by any other film (Batman Begins included, which I think is a hair better of a film if only because of its cast and more dramatic tone). Anyway, the 2+ hours went by like nothing and the ending was a surprising delight.

I'll save opinion til I see it, but all the recent comic book movies have been commercial trash IMO. Batman Begins was ok, not as horrible as the others.

Just got back with the kids from seeing it. A good movie, but not awesome IMO. I thought it kinda dragged for the first 30 minutes or so in their attempt to show the evolution of the costume design and the Iron Man character. Definitely was setting up for the sequel IMO. I thought Downey did an admiral job as Stark and carried the movie. Well worth the watch.

I thought the trailers for the new Hulk movie with Ed Norton looked solid. They definitely did some modification on the computer generated Hulk - somewhat smaller in stature, but more fierce looking. Looking forward to seeing that one which comes out June 13th.

http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/
    Last edited by GAC; 05-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just got back with the kids from seeing it. A good movie, but not awesome IMO. I thought it kinda dragged for the first 30 minutes or so
    I agree. Good movie and better than most comic book movies but it didn't quite live up to the reviews. Not enough action and too much time spent on the building of the suit.

I thought the trailers for the new Hulk movie with Ed Norton looked solid. They definitely did some modification on the computer generated Hulk - somewhat smaller in stature, but more fierce looking. Looking forward to seeing that one which comes out June 13th.
    If they're gonna ignore Ang Lee's Hulk movie, can we get a do-over on X-Men 3? :

Just got back with the kids from seeing it. A good movie, but not awesome IMO. I thought it kinda dragged for the first 30 minutes or so in their attempt to show the evolution of the costume design and the Iron Man character. Definitely was setting up for the sequel IMO. I thought Downey did an admiral job as Stark and carried the movie. Well worth the watch.

http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/
    When you compare it to last years movies, there was significant improvement. Most of the origin movies do not contain the action that people crave(unless its Spiderman, which is just a joke in itself). The big time action doesn't take place until the sequels.

The sequel has been pretty much rumored to focus on Tony's alcoholism, probably with Happy Hogan(Pepper's love interest) entering the picture. I'd say Rhodey will become War Machine as well.

I have a feeling that before all is said and done, all of these Marvel Superhero movies(Hulk, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men) will all tie together to create an Avengers type movie.

They call me "chef"

The movie was about the character Tony Stark who I thought was compelling to watch and see change. I didn't necessarily need to see Iron Man blow things up to keep my attention. The fact that we got 3 solid, better-short-than-drawn-out action scenes with Iron Man was great icing on an already delicious cake. Watching him destroy those weapons in the desert was so much more gratifying knowing what Tony Stark had been through and why he was doing what he was doing. Otherwise he is just being a superhero just to be a superhero and you have a movie with as much depth as Fantastic Four or Elektra. And to me, that is what makes a movie boring.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The sequel has been pretty much rumored to focus on Tony's alcoholism, probably with Happy Hogan(Pepper's love interest) entering the picture.
    Which, IMHO, is what dragged down Spidey II and III - overemphasis on the relationship between Peter Parker and Mary Jane. Growing up reading comics, I always knew my heroes like Superman and Batman had GFs (Lois Lane, Vicky Vale, etc); but these were always in the background to the main storyline, action, and fighting versus the super hero bad guy. That is what kept me buying them and coming back, kept me in suspense. Not that Superman and Lois were drifting apart. I understand movies are not comic books, and those "elements" are needed in the storyline. But keep it in perspective. Don't over emphasize.

This is not the Lifetime Movie Network.

I have a feeling that before all is said and done, all of these Marvel Superhero movies(Hulk, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men) will all tie together to create an Avengers type movie.
    Most likely. DC is behind though if it wants, at some point, to do a Justice League of America one. Ain't seen nothing on the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter. Of course those were the original ones from the early 60's.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-04-2008 at 04:49 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Just got back with the kids from seeing it. A good movie, but not awesome IMO. I thought it kinda dragged for the first 30 minutes or so in their attempt to show the evolution of the costume design and the Iron Man character.
    I haven't seen it yet. The local critic's main complaint was that it took far too long for the movie to get Tony Stark into the Iron Man suit.
    /r/reds

I hate these superhero movies, but Iron Man kicked butt. Then again, I don't have anything like the comic books to compare it to...

Turn Off Ads?