Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Blogger on Marty's game-calling: That poor (expletive) has simply lost it

Re: Blogger on Marty's game-calling: That poor (expletive) has simply lost it

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I watch on TV or follow it on Gametracker.
    that's what I do when I'm at work and can't watch. I don't listen(I could) instead I follow on gametracker ... I tuned out the broadcasts almost entirely a couple of years ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I felt like he was hoping the Cubs would take the lead so he could throw another tantrum. His "excitement" was very sarcastic and sour.

Getting excited hoping the Reds succeed is good.

Getting excited hoping the Reds fail is not good.

That was my take too. Marty thought he smelled another Reds' collapse and seemed to relish in it. That's what was causing his excitement. He was hoping he'd be able to say the Reds lost the 6th game in a row, and they are pathetic because the Cubs "gave" them 5 unearned runs, etc, etc.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    That was my take too. Marty thought he smelled another Reds' collapse and seemed to relish in it. That's what was causing his excitement. He was hoping he'd be able to say the Reds lost the 6th game in a row, and they are pathetic because the Cubs "gave" them 5 unearned runs, etc, etc.

Hogwash!

Marty's a fan and he knows as well as you and I that 9 runs today and no runs yesterday means a win and a loss. It befuddles the mind that this team can score 9 so effortlessly one day and 0 the next. It's perplexing to many of us, marty included.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Love how people are ascribing what they *think* Marty is thinking and then reporting it as fact. Good times.

The people who don't care for Marty will interprete nearly anything he says as bitter and mean. The people who like Marty will likely interpreate most of what he says as just that, what he said and nothing more. No big shock there.

It was funny last night, however, for all those who complain that they get lost when Marty is calling the game and they just can't possibly keep up. Flipped on the radio last night and within a minute I knew the score, what inning it was, who was at bat, what the count was and who was on base.

Maybe Marty just did that because he hates the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Love how people are ascribing what they *think* Marty is thinking and then reporting it as fact. Good times.

The people who don't care for Marty will interprete nearly anything he says as bitter and mean. The people who like Marty will likely interpreate most of what he says as just that, what he said and nothing more. No big shock there.

It was funny last night, however, for all those who complain that they get lost when Marty is calling the game and they just can't possibly keep up. Flipped on the radio last night and within a minute I knew the score, what inning it was, who was at bat, what the count was and who was on base.

Maybe Marty just did that because he hates the Reds.
    Excellent post and as someone else said, "spot on."
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Yep. I actually disagree with Marty often and don't care much for the times he's over-critical of players, but I still think he does an excellent play-by-play. I've been out of town the last couple nights so I had to listen to the game, yet found it very enjoyable - especially since all to often I've been forced to deal with Grande's PBP/description of the game (seriously, George, not every fly ball is a "bloop").

Turn Off Ads?