Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm in pain...and it feels good!

I'm in pain...and it feels good!

A few weeks ago, I decided to pick up a baseball and try my hand at pitching again. 15 years after blowing out my knee, and 13 years removed from a nasty torn rotator cuff that never healed properly, I decided, on a whim, to try my hand at pitching...with no conditioning and no warming up (not smart, I know).

I only threw about 20 pitches, and the results weren't great. I still have a pretty nasty curve, and an unpredictable knuckleball, but I've lost close to 40 miles per hour on my fastball, which was rather depressing.

Then, yesterday, I decided to step into the batting cage and take a few swings. 75 of them to be exact, and I connected on most every pitch, including some screaming line drives to left field. I only hit one pitch to the opposite field, but I hit more pitches than I missed.

About the last four pitches or so, I could barely lift the bat anymore, but I kept swinging anyway. Today I'm in an almost unbearable amount of pain, but it feels really good. For some reason, at the age of 31, I felt like I wanted to feel 16 again, and see just why the Royals were looking at me back when I was in high school before the injuries.

I know I'll never live that dream of playing in the major leagues, but for just one day after more than a decade of not swinging a bat, I feel really good about hurting so bad.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm in pain...and it feels good!

Bigger pictures of Mrs. Savafan, plz. TIA

Good lord, how hard could you throw before?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Good lord, how hard could you throw before?
    Before the rotator cuff tear I was throwing 83-88 MPH
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

All dyslexics must untie!

I just signed up for rec league softball again. Time to get back in shape...team practice Saturday afternoon, first game next Tuesday night
    Never overlook the obvious

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Kudos to you Sava, Personally, I'm in no shape to excersise.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?