Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YEAH!!!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

YEAH!!!

That was an awesome win tonight and I am still pumped about it.

Come on...we're 13-20, nowhere near where we expected or hoped to be at this point but, if we can take 2 or 3 from the Cubs here we're only about 3-4 games from being right in the middle of this thing. Cueto looked a lot better tonight. Volquez and Harang have been nails all year. We need to make some moves for sure but damn, let's not give up on this season just yet.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    That was an awesome win tonight and I am still pumped about it.

Come on...we're 13-20, nowhere near where we expected or hoped to be at this point but, if we can take 2 or 3 from the Cubs here we're only about 3-4 games from being right in the middle of this thing. Cueto looked a lot better tonight. Volquez and Harang have been nails all year. We need to make some moves for sure but damn, let's not give up on this season just yet.
    Agreed. It would be nice to at least take 2 of 3. From where we are at in the standings, this series is somewhat important.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

As this game demonstrates, the Cubs really aren't a whole lot better than the Reds, they just have had an easier schedule, and some more timely hitting. Their starting pitching is very thin, and their bullpen just as bad.

It is a long season, with Harang, Cueto and Volquez in the rotation, the Reds could easily be back in the race by the All-Star break, especially if Dunn is getting back on track.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Nice to see Weathers back to his '07 form. He looked great
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Keep on drinking the kool aid TheBigLebowski. After all kool aid kool aid taste great, kool aid kool aide can't wait!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It is a long season, with Harang, Cueto and Volquez in the rotation, the Reds could easily be back in the race by the All-Star break, especially if Dunn is getting back on track.
    Marmol is the only pitcher that scares me in that bullpen. He's going to the be their future closer and is already a stud.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

If we can steal the next two we're 6 games back... but even more than that I'll have hope that this group is capable of putting a hurting on quality teams. as long as we can stay within 5 games of 1st place before the all-star break you just never know. I think if we can get Homer Bailey up here he will give us a boost and this rotation will catch fire (the young guns plus harang)
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

I felt like putting on my Kool-Aid suit tonight and busting through the outfield wall!!!! Nice win!!!!
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Keep on drinking the kool aid TheBigLebowski. After all kool aid kool aid taste great, kool aid kool aide can't wait!
    I'm so tired of people using that Kool Aid reference in a sporting context. Come up with something new, will ya?
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I'm so tired of people using that Kool Aid reference in a sporting context. Come up with something new, will ya?
    Ok, let's say you pick a gal at a bar late at night, you get lucky. But the next morning the gal looks like she was beaten by a ugly stick. The Reds are that gal!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Old Red Guard Reject

take 2 or 3 from the Cubs
    2 out of 3? Heck, I'm gready...just sweep them.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Harang vs. Zambrano tonight, this is the most exciting game the reds have had since Opening Day. If.....I mean WHEN we win tonight, i hope we go for the throat and get the sweep and start rolling. May has to be the Reds' month.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Ok, let's say you pick a gal at a bar late at night, you get lucky. But the next morning the gal looks like she was beaten by a ugly stick. The Reds are that gal!
    Better analogy.

Look, I am fully aware that the more likely outcome is that the Cubs will take the remaining two games and that we have another mediocre-to-poor season. I am just not ready to give up on 08 yet. It's too early and I was too excited about it.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    As this game demonstrates, the Cubs really aren't a whole lot better than the Reds, they just have had an easier schedule, and some more timely hitting. Their starting pitching is very thin, and their bullpen just as bad.

Did you know that as a team, the Reds are hitting .267 with RISP, and the Cubs are hitting .261 with RISP?

Yet the Cubs have scored 55 more runs than the Reds. This is because the Cubs have had a lot more ABs with RISP, which is because their OBP as a team is significantly higher. Which has nothing at all to do with the Reds having a manager who routinely talks about "baseclogging" and wanting his hitters to be more aggressive.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Did you know that as a team, the Reds are hitting .267 with RISP, and the Cubs are hitting .261 with RISP?

Yet the Cubs have scored 55 more runs than the Reds. This is because the Cubs have had a lot more ABs with RISP, which is because their OBP as a team is significantly higher. Which has nothing at all to do with the Reds having a manager who routinely talks about "baseclogging" and wanting his hitters to be more aggressive.
    You are correct that it is not timely hitting that is helping the Cubs. I was mistaken. However, it has nothing to do with lineups.

First, Lou has been batting Soriano leadoff, and he has a .233 OPB! Even worse than Patterson.
    Second, the reason they have more PA with RISP, is that they have a extremely high OBP as a team. Everyone except Soriano is hitting. Their team has a .383 OBP! The Reds as a team have a .319. I think it is safe to assume that that is the reason why the Cubs have more PA with RISP...they have more baserunners, by a lot.

And check out texasdave's research in this post about the Reds hitting approach this year under Dusty compared to last year.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67939

If he is preaching to be more aggressive, no one is listening.

Turn Off Ads?