Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NO!!!!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

NO!!!!

There are plenty of Reds fans who will be happy to tell you that this team, quite simply, is no good at anything. Those fans are completely wrong. It is hard to imagine another team being as effective at ruining its fans' hopes and prayers as this one.

We've got the key division rivals at home..coming off an emotional victory which ended a 5 game loser..a sweep or even a series win here could keep many Reds' fans' hopes alive for at least a little while....but man oh man..do these farm boys know how to bring a fella back to earth.

What was it - 4 hits tonight? 1 from Harang? Z was wild all night and had no command. Yet, this lineup let him off the hook again and again and again. Hell, in the 6th/7th/8th innings, when he wasn't unlike a boxer who was tired and ripe to be worked, we made him pitch something like a combined 25 pitches. Inexcusable. I know Dusty/Brook are not responsible for everything these guys do and that neither coach put out a product so objectionable in any of their prior stops but, at some point, we need to hold them at least partially accountable for what is going on here. There is NO reason whatsoever that this Reds team should have the worst offense in MLB.

This game was pitiful from start to finish. I will still watch with great interest tomorrow but I will note for the record that my level of enthusiasm has been reduced by at least 50%..
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: NO!!!!

Insanity prevails....I will be at Wednesday's (5/7) business day special....still beats a day at work...

There is something horribly wrong with the coaching. As bad as this team has been the the last decade, I have never seen an offense so bad. I seriously can't watch anymore. They only score BEFORE I turn the TV on.

How long ago was it that the Reds had the longest streak without being shutout? Those days are long gone and it seems that we either have to get lucky with errors, or we hit A ( I stress A) home run or we don't score at all. Frustrating to watch and hard to understand. I thought pitching was our "big question mark" coming into this season.
    :thumbdown
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    How long ago was it that the Reds had the longest streak without being shutout? Those days are long gone and it seems that we either have to get lucky with errors, or we hit A ( I stress A) home run or we don't score at all. Frustrating to watch and hard to understand. I thought pitching was our "big question mark" coming into this season.
    :thumbdown
    May 24, 2001 The Reds NL Record shut-out games streak ended today (208 Games). The streak began way back on October 4, 1999, when Al Leiter and the New York Mets shut them out 5 to 0 in the 1999 NL Playoff Tie Breaking game. The Major league record is held by the 1931 to 1933 New York Yankees (308 Games).

http://www.affordablehomegoods.com/reds/date.htm
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The Reds suck. The sooner you all learn that, the sooner you get on with landscaping and tennis and golf.

They suck, period.

I feel sorry for Harang. He will be the next Cincinnati sports superstar (Chad Johnson, Levi Jones) asking for a trade so he can actually compete for something.

Didn't see the last four innings, had to go see a play. (emphasis on HAD, not chose)

But I think the game was lost in the first two innings. ONe out, Jr. on first, running on 3-2 and Phillips takes a close pitch for a strike 'em out - throw 'em out double play. With the runner going, the batter must swing at anything close and that was clearly close. What is crazy it that Phillips swings at everything, but he takes that pitch in that situation?

And Votto being picked off was big too. That giant sucking sound you heard after that was all the momentum leaving the Reds and going to Zambrano. He was struggling and the Reds made two bone head plays to help him get into a grove.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Seems like last night was about the third time this year we've been 3 hit and a pitcher had 1 of them.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    The Reds suck. The sooner you all learn that, the sooner you get on with landscaping and tennis and golf.

They suck, period.

I feel sorry for Harang. He will be the next Cincinnati sports superstar (Chad Johnson, Levi Jones) asking for a trade so he can actually compete for something.
    I know it doesn't have squat to do with baseball, but, in what universe is Levi Jones a "superstar?"

Furthermore, Aaron Harang does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath with that petulant A-hole CJ. Believe what you want to about all his non-sensical ramblings this off-season - he is not unhappy about the way his teammates, coaches and fans perceive him; he is not unhappy about not winning in 07. He wants MORE MONEY. Period. Even his cousin Keyshawn admitted as much during the NFL Draft. Aaron Harang may want out someday because he's sick of losing and he could successfully sue the Reds for lack of support. Still, he is a great competitor, a great clubhouse guy and a great teammate.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

It just sucks that the Reds seem to find themselves in so many games where the pitcher goes three or less runs, and they fail to drive anyone in. I would've absolutely never predicted that run support would be an issue this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post

They suck, period.

I didn't realize Chad Johnson was a superstar either, except with his mouth

I feel terrible for Aaron Harang. I always feel bad when a pitcher pitches great and for some reason doesn't get the win. I remember there was one hear a certain pitcher had 3 straight games blown by Danny "One Foot In The" Graves and I felt bad for them.

But this is ridiculous. 7 of the 8 starts were quality starts and he leads the league in strikeouts and his ERA is hovering around 3.00 and is 1 - 5

EDIT: He also leads the NL in innings pitched
    Last edited by Rounding Third; 05-07-2008 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simms11 View Post
    I didn't realize Chad Johnson was a superstar either, except with his mouth
    In his 6 full seasons, the guy has led the AFC in receiving yards 4 times, averages around 8 or 9 TD's a season, 5 time Pro-Bowler, 2 time NFL All-Pro. No one his age or younger has more receiving yards, and only Darrell Jackson (50) has more than his 49 TD's

He's a superstar...he's just a me-first one and a crybaby also...

You are right - Harang doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as CJ...but did you see him in the dugout between innings? The guy outpitched Z and was left hanging by his team mates. I actually feel sorry for him the way I feel sorry for Carson Palmer.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Well....my insanity paid off for once...what an enjoyable game to watch and what a pleasure it was to not to have to hear Cubbie fans yappin'....in all honesty, the Cub fans I sat behind today in the Sun Deck were actually pretty cool...

Turn Off Ads?