Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    I look forward to watching Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bailey and Bruce. Assuming Bailey and Bruce get called up. That's about it. The rest is pretty hard to watch. I love the Reds, but it's painful to watch what's going on right now.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Side (No Diggity)
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    The JTM commercials add to the pain, too.

    But watching Kepp hit is fun. There is a nucleas here that is easy to root for. Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs? I could root for "young with growing pains" right now MUCH easier than this version of the club.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    "My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV"?

    Uh.......it helps put you to sleep?
    Who's on first?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    The JTM commercials add to the pain, too.

    But watching Kepp hit is fun. There is a nucleas here that is easy to root for. Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs? I could root for "young with growing pains" right now MUCH easier than this version of the club.
    Yeah, I still like a lot of the current Reds, but it's not enough to keep me watching regularly with everything I have going on (kids, etc.).
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  6. #5
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    There's nothing else on TV and I love the Reds. Those reasons come to mind for me.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    410

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    I look forward to watching Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bailey and Bruce. Assuming Bailey and Bruce get called up. That's about it. The rest is pretty hard to watch. I love the Reds, but it's painful to watch what's going on right now.
    I'd add Harang, Phillips and EE to this as well. Harang is one of the best in baseball (Top 10) and I enjoy watching him pitch.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati/Athens
    Posts
    649

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Watching Edwin is still fun to me because he still has leaps and bounds of potential at 25
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Topsail, NC
    Posts
    369

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Watching Edwin is still fun to me because he still has leaps and bounds of potential at 25
    Watching Edwin is fun for me because he looks like he is playing Little League 47.2% of the time.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Prospect, KY
    Posts
    534

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    I may go to the game on Wednesday because....Volquez is pitching. If he weren't I probably wouldn't be thinking about it. lol

    Edit: I bought the tickets online surprisingly. I figured the student discount would only be applicable at the stadium, but that's not the case. Three rows behind Dunn in LF for $9.50. That's pretty good.
    Last edited by AccordinglyReds; 05-05-2008 at 05:35 PM.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Only game I've been to, Volquez pitched.......and pitched well. I believe we won 8-1 or something like that. It was on a Tuesday night.
    Who's on first?

  12. #11
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,851

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    I paid 250.00 for the right to watch the Reds this year.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

  13. #12
    Member Jharb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest KY
    Posts
    242

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I paid 250.00 for the right to watch the Reds this year.
    Wow. I guess the big question is, would you rather pay that money to watch them lose regularly or a one time shot, at GAPB in the Diamond seats, where you can watch them lose in person?

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    547

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    I watch just to see how Amy and Erin are doing. I feel like I've watched those two grow up.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    88

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs?
    Not at all. This is just brutal. This team has no confidence, chemistry or energy. It's only the first week of May and I've already lost almost all interest.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I paid 250.00 for the right to watch the Reds this year.
    I only paid $150.00. I have hesitatted to do it in the past because I knew if I did the team would play terribly and what could have been a joy would become a miserable experience. Guess what-- I was right!:


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25