Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival Ploys for 'Unwatchable'

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Watchable

Sure wish I had watched today's game...unfortunately, I had to work.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watchable

Certinally if all you care about is the ultimate win and loss totals you are going to be miserable this year.

While we all would be happier with a winning record or division title, there's plenty of good "back stories" going on this year to find some entertainment value. If you can't find them I'd suggest you either aren't looking, just love to be miserable or are myopically focused on the final W/L column.

"So Fla Red"

Re: Survival Ploys for 'Unwatchable'

Harang + Volquez + Cueto + Cordero closing is enough to buy tickets 60% of the time this season...

I would actually rather be 14-21 and losing games 1-0 and 3-1 with the promising emergence of Volquez/Cueto and Votto to complement Harang then be a softball team posting a 21-14 record with a mirage of a pitching staff held together via duct tape like we've be blessed with witnessing the last decade+ on the Riverfront.

With the current #1-#3 arms and the offense due to come around to at least average, at some point this season the team is going to go on a healthy and enjoyable run for a month+ which might actually make the season pretty darn interesting after all.

It's the first week of May, we have baseball.

Beats the snot outta the off season.

I'm all about the back stories. If I just wanted to root for a winner I'd be a Yankees fan or something.

These tough times define us as fans. I consider it a privilege watching a young team grow.

I mean, our loyalty has to be rewarded at some point. Right?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Perhaps not.

But I am grateful that we have a collection of really interesting and talented young players to watch at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am grateful that we have a collection of really interesting and talented young players to watch at this point.
    Me too.

Lets hope that Big Bob and WJ can rebuild a really interesting and talented organization from top to bottom.

Right now it's pretty interesting. I'll say that.

Only time will tell just how talented the Ownership, GM, Scouting, Coaching and Developmental Staff will prove to be.

Turn Off Ads?