Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: change that could help

change that could help

if Jocketty really wants to make a change that might help he ought to go and acquire Willits from the Angels. The ANgels have no room for him and Dusty could have his woody with speed in the leadoff spot and that speed might actually get on a base a lot. It is time for the Patterson debacle to end and Dusty just can't help himself if he is around to play CF and bat leadoff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: change that could help

From your lips to Walt's ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I imagine they'll get some sticker shock from the Angels' demands....

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I imagine they'll get some sticker shock from the Angels' demands....
    He serves no use to the Angels, they have 2 CFs signed long term and most teams want more punch out of an OF. The Reds are actually a team that is lot more OBP challenged than SLG challenged and he would be a good fit. If the Angels want a bunch for him then in the end they will get nothing and he will rot either on their bench or AAA.

Although the Angels have a history of hanging on to prospects(although Willits has never been a top prospect) until their either succeed or lose all of their value ... much to the detriment of the major league team the last few years.
    Last edited by flyer85; 05-07-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    why? He serves no use to the Angels, .
    He does. He's a trading chip and the Angels don't have to trade him.

And the Reds are about as hard up for offense as any team in baseball. I'm guessing they'll be asking for Roenicke.

why? He serves no use to the Angels, they have 2 CFs signed long term and most teams want more punch out of an OF. The Reds are actually a team that is lot more OBP challenged than SLG challenged and he would be a good fit. If the Angels want a bunch for him then in the end they will get nothing and he will rot either on their bench or AAA.
    Yeah, but he does have value. If the Reds can't match the demands, another team might. Just because the Angels don't have room for him doesn't mean they shouldn't try to seek value for him.

And the Reds are about as hard up for offense as any team in baseball. I'm guessing they'll be asking for Roenicke.
    no problem from my POV ... good GMs have always shown the ability to build a pen if you have a closer. Roenicke has a very good fastball but still needs something else to be really effective at the end of games.

no problem from my POV ... good GMs have always shown the ability to build a pen if you have a closer. Roenicke has a very good fastball but still needs something else to be really effective at the end of games.
    I think a similar solution could be found for less. But maybe not.

ok. that would be easy to do. a bullpen arm for an everyday guy, I do it 7 days a week.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    ok. that would be easy to do. a bullpen arm for an everyday guy, I do it 7 days a week.
    Careful. It's not like the Reds have an overabundance of trading chips on the farm. Contrary to popular sentiment. Gotta make 'em count.

I'm guessing they'll be asking for Roenicke

And you won't get a shut door from me. Gets on base, can run, can play centerfield, oh yeah.

Careful. It's not like the Reds have an overabundance of quality trading chips on the farm. Contrary to popular sentiment. Gotta make 'em count.
    Fixed!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I would definitely consider a Roenicke for Willitis deal.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Cruisin' for trouble

An idea I was pimping about the time everyone was opening Xmas presents

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...hlight=willits

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    An idea I was pimping about the time everyone was opening Xmas presents
    I remember the thread ... I think at the time most were hoping for Bruce in CF. Since it looks like that likely won't come to pass Willits is certainly a superior option to the likes of Freel/Patterson/Hopper. It seems as Bruce will arrive to take over RF.

Turn Off Ads?